Greetings

Boatspanner replied on 04/09/2021 20:41

Posted on 04/09/2021 20:41

Hello All,

I’m Gary. I’m not very new to the Club but I am new to the forum. Be gentle with me. I travel in a “mature” Fifth Wheeler..I’m pleased to understand from the forum that I’m not the only one. All of the sites I’ve visited seem very familiar with the combination and very accommodating of a relatively large outfit. 

I look forward to some interesting discussio  

G

Wherenext replied on 04/09/2021 21:01

Posted on 04/09/2021 21:01

Welcome Gary.

As you've "been around" for a while you'll be well aware that some sites and CLs just cannot accommodate that rig's size. However the good news, as far as I am aware, is that it makes not a ha'penny of difference to how you are viewed as a member so if I see you on any site, usually a CL, then I'll say hello.

Ask away if you need anything explaining.The forum can be excellent for technical information or just general recommendations but sometimes I wonder why a lot of members haven't gone back to school when arguments start!winklaughing

Boatspanner replied on 04/09/2021 21:57

Posted on 04/09/2021 21:57

Thanks for the welcome Wherenext. I look forward to saying hello. I’ll add recognisable photos soon. 

I fully agree with the “arguments “ comment”. It seems some folks prefer to express through a keyboard rather than by speech. I speak from experience of an otherwise excellent forum, unrelated to vanning. 

Regardless, all but one of my CAMC experiences have been positive. There are some grand folks knocking about. 

I have yet to try a CL but I look forward to more adventures.

Take care,

G

Boatspanner replied on 06/09/2021 23:16

Posted on 06/09/2021 23:16

I am so sorry to be slow to reply to your responses. I’ve been travelling home from Hayle to Wirral over two days and I haven’t kept up with myself. I feel particularly guilty as I’ve been made to feel so welcome. 

I’ve only managed to find one other “niche” interest forum which seems equally civilised. Thank you all for saying hello back.

JVB66, you didn’t say where all of the RVs and fifth wheelers were sited. I hurry to point out that my own unit is British built, I believe by the only UK manufacture

Happy ‘vanning” to all,

G

Tinwheeler replied on 06/09/2021 23:26

Posted on 06/09/2021 23:26

I hope you tried a Philps pasty in Hayle, Boats. Simply the best👍

JVB sees all sorts of things and I'm sure he'll enlighten you😉

DSB replied on 07/09/2021 09:19

Posted on 07/09/2021 09:19

Hope you enjoyed Hayle, Boatspinner.  Cornwall has been really busy this year.  Which site did you use? (Godrevy CAMC?  St Ives Bay?) We often stay at a private site inland, just outside Redruth, but I'm tempted to try Carnon Downs now it's been taken over by the Club.  

I'll second Tinwheelers recommendation of Philps Pasties.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook