Insurance !!!

Walney13 replied on 02/04/2024 10:44

Posted on 02/04/2024 10:44

Hello,  I'm a 'newbee' first time owner of a motorhome.

I'm looking for guidance regarding motorhome insurance.

Can anybody point in the direction of any 'cheap' deals/offers ?

The quotes I've had so far are all around the £500 mark,(due to circumstances...3pts & small collision 2 yrs. ago).

I'll possibly be looking for further advice regarding 'all sorts' in the near future

Many thanks in advance..

Walney@13

eribaMotters replied on 08/04/2024 11:32

Posted on 08/04/2024 11:32

Don't forget you may not be eligible for the same level of ncd as on your car, so £500 may not be as bad as you think.

Colin

Hja replied on 08/04/2024 13:05

Posted on 08/04/2024 13:05

We are with comfort. When we had a caravan we used CAMC but they came out very expensive for the Motorhome. I find phoning better than comparison sites. I have seen mention of people changing to,CAMC and to ccc this year as cheaper.

dunelm replied on 08/04/2024 14:45

Posted on 08/04/2024 14:45

"Cheap" insurance isn't necessarily the most appropriate.

When we all bought our first motorhomes we all had to find what was most appropriate for ourselves - eg where we live, where the vehicle will be kept, the anticipated annual mileage, number of years NCD.

We used CCC for many years and more recently CAMC.

It is a case of checking what suits your needs. If you find that a number of quotes are all around the same price that should give an indication of what you will need to pay. So much depends on individual factors.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy the motorhoming experience for many years. Best wishes.

Kasspa replied on 08/04/2024 22:11

Posted on 08/04/2024 22:11

Another vote for Comfort Insurance..... my renewal this year was £530 of which £82 was for Euro breakdown cover....

Caravan Guard were slightly cheaper but breakdown was UK only so I didn't follow it up....

Of course despite your 'points', postcode, age & value of vehicle all play there part.

hth

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook