Starting again - hopefully

StayYoung replied on 08/10/2021 16:56

Posted on 08/10/2021 16:56

Hello, I m a not so young Nanna, considering buying a tourer and, with the help of my daughter and son in law siting it somewhere for the season. I m not new to caravanning , in deed I have camped, toured, motor homes, caravanned since the age of about five. However gave it all up 20 years ago when I got divorced. 

The thing is, I think its in the blood because after being persuaded to caravan in my cousins static and then caravan and tent surprised, with my daughter recently, I want to return. 

Its a bit daunting  though, going sort of solo, so I have come here to get back in the game as it were, or something like that. 

StayYoung replied on 23/11/2021 16:15

Posted on 22/11/2021 14:26 by cyberyacht

You're not retired SY, you're still working. The only difference is that no-one pays you now.

Posted on 23/11/2021 16:15

Very True, but keeps me busy, and i get as much back. I just found my social life was a bit wantingundecided

StayYoung replied on 23/11/2021 16:20

Posted on 22/11/2021 19:34 by nelliethehooker

SY, have a look at this one, as I think they do seasonal pitches. You will find it on the Searchforsites website https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/webapp.php

Rosedale Caravan Park, Overton, Wrexham, Wales, LL13 0NB, 

Posted on 23/11/2021 16:20

Thank you , I have bookmarked that too, I m browsing through them, and the other site. Really wanbt to try to keep to around the Shropshire, North wales area if possible. Somewhere thats pretty sociable and be ok for me and geriatric Maggie my cocker spaniel.

Just wish the clubs had more to offer in that area, but cannot have everything . I have my caravan now, so quite excited smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook