Virgin trip

JaneandIain replied on 06/05/2022 17:44

Posted on 06/05/2022 17:44

Well, that might have got your attention!  Lol

We have recently bought our first caravan and are planning our first trip to a local campsite so we can always pop back if we forget anything.  But I am trying to think of all the things we will need (2 adults and Rebus the dog).

I've got washing up liquid, sponges, dishtowels, soap, toiletries, bin bags.

Anything else we might need that we've missed?

We will be eating out a lot and doing lots of walking to negate the calories.

Thank you

Jane

Richard12 replied on 09/05/2022 16:10

Posted on 09/05/2022 16:10

I don't know if anyone mentioned a mini spirit level and some small wooden ramps to level the caravan.

Extugger replied on 10/05/2022 17:43

Posted on 10/05/2022 17:43

Pillows, bedding, towels, tea bags, Crocs (essential caravan wear 😂) wet-weather gear (and warm clothes) kettle, pans. These are just a few of the items we have forgotten in the past! Enjoy your trip 👍

brue replied on 10/05/2022 19:14

Posted on 10/05/2022 19:14

Anyone mentioned clothes pegs?! They seem to come in handy for various things. smile

Enjoy Grantown, it's a good base for the Cairngorms National Park.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/05/2022 20:01

Posted on 12/05/2022 17:48 by twistedpair

If you have a auto engage motor mover fitted, don't forget the remote.

Posted on 12/05/2022 20:01

Don't forget the remote for any type of motor mover, remember to disengage the mover before starting to tow, and don't leave the remote on the ground when moving off.😄

JaneandIain replied on 13/05/2022 17:21

Posted on 09/05/2022 13:53 by DSB

Enjoy Jane and Iain...  I'd be interested to hear how you get on.  We're taking the caravan to Grantown-on-Spey during this summer.....

David

Posted on 13/05/2022 17:21

Hi DSB,

Well we're here.  We had two stops on the way (from home to here is about 28 miles).  First one was about a mile from home as we got a trailer indicator according to the car dashboard after that time.  The indicator was working but we wonder if maybe one bulb has gone.  

The second one was to check that we had removed the isolation key on the motormover.  (We had.)

Things we wish we'd brought but didn't were spare food bags for items we hadn't finished eating.  We did have some tupperware dishes but food bags would have been useful and the ohter one was clips to hold crisp bags shut after opening them.  Minor in the big scale of things.

We had a slight problem with the hose pipe coming off the aqua roller which happened when we were out. Our neighbour turned the water off and we sorted it when we got back.

Grantown on Spey camp site was very welcoming. The warden took us to our pitch, checked we were happy with the electrics etc (we'd explained this was our maiden voyage).  The site is very clean and quiet.   The toilet/shower block is immaculate and there is good space between all the pitches. 

All in all we feel we have had a successful first trip and looking forward to our next one.

Jane

EmilysDad replied on 13/05/2022 18:54

Posted on 12/05/2022 20:01 by nelliethehooker

Don't forget the remote for any type of motor mover, remember to disengage the mover before starting to tow, and don't leave the remote on the ground when moving off.😄

Posted on 13/05/2022 18:54

As if anyone would ..... 🙄🙄

I confirmed on Wed that not even 265bhp will move a twin axle with both movers engaged .... 🤣🤣

Burgundy replied on 19/05/2022 15:44

Posted on 19/05/2022 15:44

“We had a slight problem with the hose pipe coming off the aqua roller which happened when we were out. Our neighbour turned the water off and we sorted it when we got back”

I assume you were on a serviced pitch? 
I always turn the tap off on a serviced pitch when going off site, having had a hose come off previously, fortunately I was on site at the time.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook