£200 voucher from Dicksons of Perth on Offer

AlastairH replied on 06/12/2013 17:36

Posted on 06/12/2013 17:36

After buying a motor home from Dicksons they have sent me a voucher for £200 to use against any new or used motor home or caravan.  It is no use to me so I am willing to pass it on to anyone who may be interested.

However, I have to tell you their after-sales service is less than good.  We have had a number of issues with them and not really been satisfied with any of the outcomes.

First, our leisure battery was found to be a dud.  They referred me to the warranty they had purchased only for me to find they had not registered the warranty.  Next, we found that the warranty policy did not cover batteries so I had an 80 mile round trip for them to establish that the battery was indeed faulty and they would indeed replace the battery.

The next issue arose with a faulty burner on the hob which would not stay lit.  Dicksons had to see this for themselves  which  they did and told me they would have to order a part.  This involved another 80 mile round trip to get the part fitted.  The trouble is when I took it in the burner stayed lit.  Clearly there is an intermittent fault there but they refused to fit the part they had ordered so I had a wasted journey and I still have a faulty burner.

The next issue was with the Fix & Go puncture repair kit.  Namely, there wasn’t one in the van.  They agreed to supply one but just stuck a can of sealant in the van.  When I pointed out that the sealant should come with a compressor, they then supplied a cheap compressor that had a lead that would not reach the power  outlet form the rear tyres (another 80 mile round trip).  The latest is,  ‘they will hopefully have the correct kits with the extended leads in stock next week’ (I am still waiting over two weeks later).   I now find that they are intending to supply an extension lead for the cheap compressor and deny they initially agreed to supply a proper kit.

You can make up your own mind if you really want the voucher but you are welcome to it if you want it.  First come first served……….

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook