Help - 6kg propane needed

MikeyA replied on 24/01/2023 14:48

Posted on 24/01/2023 14:48

If the dealer can't source a gas bottle (or two) then I would have no faith in him solving future issues.

eribaMotters replied on 24/01/2023 15:34

Posted on 24/01/2023 15:34

As noted earlier and above, it really is a must supply issue for the dealer. No gas bottle theoretically means the vehicle is theoretically not useable and as such I would reject it.

Colin

jennyc replied on 19/02/2023 05:31

Posted on 19/02/2023 05:31

Calor are proving increasingly troublesome, first by withdrawing CalorLite after we paid a premium for the original bottles, and now by downsizing their range. We moved across to Safefill at considerable expense. Their bottles are light, with a window so that you can see how much liquid remains. The last time we refilled one, the gas cost us less than a third of Calor’s offering. BUT, fewer garages are selling autogas these days, and the number of outlets is diminishing. That said, when you do find a vendor, typically Morrisons, you can completely fill your bottles, paying only for the gas to top them up. Additionally, since Calor is unavailable in Europe, and Camping Gaz is eye wateringly expensive in the UK, a refillable solution can be useful. So! All that’s needed is £400 for two mid size Safefill bottles and you’ll be cooking on gas as the saying goes.

wedgy replied on 27/02/2023 15:24

Posted on 10/01/2023 18:02 by ScreenName9213F31A5D

Hi 

I am new to motorhoming and pick up my Rollerteam Tline 590 at the weekend. I am having tremendous problems locating gas. Can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance 

Dan

Posted on 27/02/2023 15:24

Is the problem that you don't have a cylinder to exchange? Most producers are not accepting new "rental" clients so best bet is sorce an empty cylinder from ebay,recycle centre etc. Our local calor dealers have plenty of supplies of the new restricted sizes. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook