Newby Wifi advice please

Phil ClubMember replied on 09/02/2024 17:50

Posted on 09/02/2024 17:50

Hi, 

We are relatively new to Motorhoming (if that's even a word) and are embarking on a trip to southern Spain in March.  We want to have unlimited Wifi whilst we are out there and some helpful advice on the kit I have chosen before I buy would be muchly appreciated.

I've picked out a MiMo 3 V2 15 antenna, a Huawei 535-333 router and a European Holafly unlimited data prepaid eSIM.

Some of your more experienced thoughts on this kit would help a lot.

Many thanks

Phil

hitchglitch replied on 12/03/2024 19:06

Posted on 09/02/2024 21:23 by Cartledge

I always use my mobile hot spot wherever we are, the UK and Europe. . My provider is Sky mobile and I have a good data allowance which I don’t otherwise use much. Unused data allowance is auto rolled over every month. 
we can connect our caravan TV, iPad, or laptop to the hotspot with acceptable speed provided the mobile phone signal is adequate. 
Never needed anything else, even for streaming. 

Posted on 12/03/2024 19:06

Agree, but with Sky as with other UK providers you have to pay for access in Europe since Brexit. It was £2 per day but I haven’t checked lately.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook