Somerset caravan storage

Boonster replied on 27/10/2018 14:09

Posted on 27/10/2018 14:09

Hi all, I'm hoping to buy a caravan asap, i have just bought a car to tow it, tow bar, number plate, mirrors etc, but before i buy the caravan i need to find somewhere to store it. We are moving house to somerset next year so it would be nice to have it stored there so that we have a base to search from. my problem is finding somewhere to store the caravan, i have contacted a few storage facilities but they seem to be fully booked. i realise now that being winter people have put their caravans into storage buy i'm hoping there is someone out there that can point me in the the right direction. by the way we intend to keep the caravan once we have found the right property with the intention of touring around the west country....and beyond!                                                                                                                                         Thanks Dennis

replied on 02/11/2018 12:40

Posted on 02/11/2018 12:40

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 02/11/2018 15:52

Posted on 02/11/2018 15:52

The Ilminster (Chard) site also does storage. That’s not too far from Yeovil for the OP.

I suspect it’ll be difficult to find storage space on a club site, though.

moulesy replied on 02/11/2018 15:56

Posted on 02/11/2018 15:56

Another option near Chard is Forton House CL which I'm pretty sure had storage pitches available. (Also highly recommended as a CL to stay on!) smile

nelliethehooker replied on 02/11/2018 19:42

Posted on 02/11/2018 12:40 by

Try:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/somerset/yeovil/goose-slade-farm/

A nice site near Yeovil.  Breakfast to die for, heart attack on a plate (only three miles from the local A&E) laughing.  

Posted on 02/11/2018 19:42

Only if it's not been raining or when they've not 7 or more vans on site!!

They do have caravan storage though, Boonster.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook