Using a 240v TV from 12v supply

Alan and Nicky replied on 11/04/2017 18:35

Posted on 11/04/2017 18:35

Hi I am quite new to caravanning. I would be grateful for some advice, I have a 240v 24”TV is there an adaptor that I can use to run my TV from a 12volt socket or will I have to purchase a 12v TV

Regards Alan

Boff replied on 13/04/2017 07:35

Posted on 13/04/2017 07:35

Just for the record Tv's I have used

Avtex 16".                                  Scart output failed uneconomic to repair

Replaced with

No name box from EBuyer     I Killed it by wiring a 12v socket wrongly

Repkaced with

19" JVC.                                Failed after 9 months actually when being                       used as a bedroom TV at home 

Replaced with

19" Evotel.                             Still working

Replaced with

22" Samsung HD                In use   

With the exception of the Avtex they all cost in £90-130 range   They all worked happily from the caravan supply   One was destroyed because of my stupidity, another under warranty but not I believe anything to do with 12v operation  It pretty obvious I am not willing to pay a premium for a proper 12v TV and I have no personal evidence that they are either better or needed   Other opinions are available  

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook