Another problem solved for the offgridder!

Merve replied on 08/06/2019 23:32

Posted on 08/06/2019 23:32

May I, for those that are interested in offgrid caravanning, suggest an accessory that I found at Jacksons  of Old Arley but I am sure that other caravan accessory shops sell them too. There were various things I had to learn to do without when I decided I would not use the EHU anymore. Like the slow cooker, the electric blanket etc, ( both of which have been solved using other methods). One of the things that I had not been able to solve until recently was my desire for a toasted sandwich from a sandwich maker which are unfortunately electric. It’s a quick, easy nutritious snack. However, thanks to Kampa, this has now been solved. Kampa make a Sandwich holder of good quality that can be toasted on the flame of a gas ring. Fill your two rounds with whatever you like, cheese , ham, onion is my particular favourite, pop it in, close and clip the lid shut and toast on the gas ring until cooked. They make, from what I could see, two sizes- the larger one is easily big enough to take large rounds of bread. Of course, the EHUer would also find it useful. Thanks Kampa, another problem solved! 

Takethedogalong replied on 09/06/2019 12:17

Posted on 09/06/2019 12:17

Nesspresso machine in our cottage....what a faff. We use cafetière, so much nicer.

brue replied on 09/06/2019 12:28

Posted on 09/06/2019 11:21 by mickysf

Never had a decent espresso using a bag, is there one?

Posted on 09/06/2019 12:28

The coffee bags we use "on the go" in the van are very strong (we use a cafetiere and ground coffee when we're on a pitch.) Try Percol or Lyons for a variety of strengths and flavours. We know someone who works for a coffee company so we sometimes have samples too. wink

Merve replied on 09/06/2019 19:08

Posted on 09/06/2019 11:02 by young thomas

Merv, I can't see the wattage on a 'breville' type electric unit, so I was wondering if your large inverter would manage?

Posted on 09/06/2019 19:08

It no doubt would BB - our electric toaster is on every breakfast and has worked faultlessly. 4% of the battery! This bit of kit is lightweight and with the price of refill gas, it’s no problem. I will check out our household toasted sandwich maker when I get back from this break - it would be good to know. The only way to know is to run it through the inverter and find out! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook