CLs instead of Club sites

GTrimmer replied on 10/10/2021 13:40

Posted on 10/10/2021 13:40

Have a look - there are many CLs which offer EHU, showers and WC significantly cheaper than a pitch on a club site. Rarely (at present) more than £20 a night, most are significantly less .

Yes, you don't get 'street lights' , but there are hard standings in many and some are increasingly offering 'Super' pitches, and no infernal pegs either tongue-out

Cornersteady replied on 18/06/2022 14:36

Posted on 18/06/2022 14:24 by peedee

I can also do it properly AD both here and over there but I like to think at value for money. No sense in paying for something through the nose if you can do the same cheaper

peedee

Posted on 18/06/2022 14:36

I think what you mean to say if 'one' can do it cheaper and then if it's just as good, often it isn't. Cheap is very subjective and so is value.

Cherokee2015 replied on 18/06/2022 17:49

Posted on 16/06/2022 17:32 by Takethedogalong

We have stayed twice since the pods were put in, and no problems. Looking at your photo, I think they might have done a bit more work, it looks a bit different in terms of losing some grass. The pods are very nice, most folks were staying two or three nights in them, rather than longer stays. It’s always been a well supervised CL if you get my drift, we were there one time when a family weren’t supervising their rather wild children, but the owners quickly sorted things out. That was pre pods I hasten to add. We would return, it’s one of our favourites.

Posted on 18/06/2022 17:49

That’s good then - I’m sort of with a David on this.   It sounds like there are now more than three - Brue can you confirm?   TTDA, I know what you mean about well supervised 😉 but I do like the site and only about 15 miles (30 mins for us) so normally use it fairly regularly - mainly as a winter site.   

Can also recommend Burstwick Country Golf as a no facilities site bit might be too close to home for you TTDA.   Food is great at the golf club.  

Takethedogalong replied on 18/06/2022 18:02

Posted on 18/06/2022 17:49 by Cherokee2015

That’s good then - I’m sort of with a David on this.   It sounds like there are now more than three - Brue can you confirm?   TTDA, I know what you mean about well supervised 😉 but I do like the site and only about 15 miles (30 mins for us) so normally use it fairly regularly - mainly as a winter site.   

Can also recommend Burstwick Country Golf as a no facilities site bit might be too close to home for you TTDA.   Food is great at the golf club.  

Posted on 18/06/2022 18:02

Thanks for that recommend Cherokee, looks very nice location, and very good price. Further for us than College Farm, we are South West of Humber. Yes, Alkborough site is very well run, love the Tea Rooms, and brilliant location if you want peace and quiet, superb birdwatching, walking and cycling. We were last there in January, there were the original three pods, but guessing possibly another gone in? It’s the kind of CL we love. I think the lads are running the pods, while the CL is still run by Mr Ogg. 

Edit. Still the three pods, but the grass pitch has now gone, and all five are now HS, and have been resurfaced and widened. Link here shows photos of layout, and more news……

https://m.facebook.com/collegefarmDN15/

Still a very very good price for all that you get👍

nelliethehooker replied on 18/06/2022 20:06

Posted on 18/06/2022 14:24 by peedee

I can also do it properly AD both here and over there but I like to think at value for money. No sense in paying for something through the nose if you can do the same cheaper

peedee

Posted on 18/06/2022 20:06

Agree with that. We always "do it properly" as far as we are concerned, and so far this year have done 101 nights on CL's, 3 Club sites and 3 commercial sites, all with EHU and the majority on H/ S, at an average cost of just £16:07 per night.

Rowena replied on 20/06/2022 10:02

Posted on 20/06/2022 10:02

Hi everyone, Can I please request that we keep comparisons to UK campsites as we are we drifting off topic with overseas comparisons. Please feel free to start a discussion here about Overseas sites and touring. Many thanks. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook