Duverlay mattress topper

rosieposie replied on 11/01/2017 21:06

Posted on 11/01/2017 21:06

is it worth the money or are you just paying for the name? I'm thinking of splashing out while there is a sale on at duverlay but I'm worried that a cheaper Dunelm mill one would be exactly the same?

replied on 11/01/2017 22:02

Posted on 11/01/2017 22:02

We have a duvalay topper on our bed and find it really comfortable, we have a dunelm one in the motorhome and find that comfortable.  If its for the caravan i would go for the cheaper one.  The duvalay topper is thick whereas the dunelm one is a sort of egg box construction.

huskydog replied on 11/01/2017 22:07

Posted on 11/01/2017 22:07

We use a dunelm memory foam  3cm thick one , we bought a double and cut it to fit our single beds ,it worked out cheaper and just made two covers for them 

peedee replied on 12/01/2017 06:56

Posted on 12/01/2017 06:56

memory foam comes in different densities and I suspect you get what you pay for. I have bought from >this site< before and also found they give useful advice. If you google for advice there is plenty of it.

peedee

Tammygirl replied on 12/01/2017 11:06

Posted on 12/01/2017 11:06

We have both 1" and 2" memory foam toppers, like Husky we bought a King size then cut it in half and I made covers for them. In fact we don't use sheets anymore in the van, as I made another couple of sets for the memory foam, so we just roll it up during the day and unroll it at night, throw the duvet on top and a pillow takes minutes to do, no crawling round a bed trying to get things tucked in. Suits us and we go away for up to 10 weeks at a time. Off next week for a few weeks winter touring in the UK, winter covers (cosy warm brushed cotton) already on the memory foam, duvet and pillows, lovely.

hitchglitch replied on 12/01/2017 13:59

Posted on 12/01/2017 13:59

We find our Duvalays very comfortable but ended up with the 5 cm. as we found the thinner ones only just adequate. The only unique thing is the cover which is quite clever as the quilt won't fall off of you but generally the materials are cheap and the stitching poor. We did away with the supplied quilt and bought something better - lighter and warmer. A standard single quilt fits fine.

The other small point to be aware of is that although you can flip the cover so that you use both sides you will then be lying in the opposite direction which may not suit, unless you are happy to switch Duvalay with your partner.

I would buy the cover then insert your own quilt and buy a mattress topper (Duvalay is fine). You don't need the carry bags, just some elastic to keep hem rolled up when not in use.

rosieposie replied on 12/01/2017 19:51

Posted on 12/01/2017 19:51

Ok I think we will end up buying a cheaper one then going by all your comments. Neither of us is particularly big or heavy so I will go to dunelm mill first. I don't particularly want a big heavy one on our bed as I have to lift it to access the underneath. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to me. I found all your remarks very helpful. 

Surfer replied on 13/01/2017 15:00

Posted on 12/01/2017 19:51 by rosieposie

Ok I think we will end up buying a cheaper one then going by all your comments. Neither of us is particularly big or heavy so I will go to dunelm mill first. I don't particularly want a big heavy one on our bed as I have to lift it to access the underneath. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to me. I found all your remarks very helpful. 

Posted on 13/01/2017 15:00

Don't forget the weight of the mattress redcues your payload.  Our mattress topper bought from a bed shop about 10 years ago cost a lot less than the one from Duvalay and weighs about 9kg. 

replied on 14/01/2017 08:44

Posted on 14/01/2017 08:44

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Trek200 replied on 21/06/2019 12:27

Posted on 21/06/2019 12:27

We have two Duvalay mattress toppers - gold comfort foam type. The foam they use looks like the foam you can buy online for around £39.   I wish I had made my own and saved a shed load of money.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook