Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Navigateur replied on 01/10/2019 17:09

Posted on 01/10/2019 17:09

I usually buy the cheapest Sainsbury/Morrisons/Asda diesel as their outlets are all about the same distance from home. Last weekend I was in the Lake District and bought the locally available BP brand.

So my average consumption up to that purchase included towing a big caravan from Scotland and quite a bit of roaming around narrow lanes solo. The computer reading was 18.1 mpg.

After fueling with BP and towing back to Scotland the computer showed an overall average of 19.9 mpg. Now, I don't hang about on motorways and dual carriageways so I expect the consumption to be rather poor, though I don't put any faith in the computer's stated figures, just use them for comparison.

This would seem to show that the BP fuel was returning a much better number of miles per gallon on a steady run.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 02/10/2019 09:08

Posted on 01/10/2019 17:09 by Navigateur

I usually buy the cheapest Sainsbury/Morrisons/Asda diesel as their outlets are all about the same distance from home. Last weekend I was in the Lake District and bought the locally available BP brand.

So my average consumption up to that purchase included towing a big caravan from Scotland and quite a bit of roaming around narrow lanes solo. The computer reading was 18.1 mpg.

After fueling with BP and towing back to Scotland the computer showed an overall average of 19.9 mpg. Now, I don't hang about on motorways and dual carriageways so I expect the consumption to be rather poor, though I don't put any faith in the computer's stated figures, just use them for comparison.

This would seem to show that the BP fuel was returning a much better number of miles per gallon on a steady run.

Posted on 02/10/2019 09:08

There ya go-

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 02/10/2019 09:44

Posted on 02/10/2019 09:35 by Navigateur

That's about it.  Whatever hills there are up one way are down the other, so it works out flat in the end.

Posted on 02/10/2019 09:44

Yup, I always had you down as one. I’m glad I facilitated your coming out of the closet. You are most welcome👍🏻😊

Surfer replied on 03/10/2019 10:31

Posted on 01/10/2019 17:09 by Navigateur

Posted on 03/10/2019 10:31

We have not bought supermarket fuel for a number of years.  When we did use it and then switched to a branded fuel, we did notice a decrease in consumption however the bonus was that both the petrol and diesel cars seem to perform or run better. 

The main reason is not the actual fuel which all comes from the same source, but the additive that is added by the various different brands.  Although the extra mile or tow per gallon is appreciate, a better and cleaner engine is very welcome as less maintenance.  Luckily we all have freedom of choice on how to spend our hard earned cash!  laughing

davetommo replied on 03/10/2019 19:02

Posted on 03/10/2019 19:02

I always fill up at Morrison’s, my fuel consumption is never the same on the same journey. Traffic conditions can determine how much fuel you use. One day the traffic is heavy meaning I use more fuel due to using a low gear more . Sometimes there is a strong headwind while towing meaning you use more fuel. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 04/10/2019 07:47

Posted on 03/10/2019 19:02 by davetommo

I always fill up at Morrison’s, my fuel consumption is never the same on the same journey. Traffic conditions can determine how much fuel you use. One day the traffic is heavy meaning I use more fuel due to using a low gear more . Sometimes there is a strong headwind while towing meaning you use more fuel. 

Posted on 04/10/2019 07:47

A logical mind at work DT👍🏻. Isolated rolling roads under test conditions will be the only accurate test. The rest is fantasy/inaccurate guesswork. . .But it supplies laughs👍🏻😊

Surfer replied on 04/10/2019 09:36

Posted on 03/10/2019 19:02 by davetommo

Posted on 04/10/2019 09:36

We are lucky as living in a rural area we hardly ever do urban driving and doing brim to brim fills definitely shows a slight improvement in mpg however it is not the mpg but the bonus being that the engine is burning cleaner with the petrol vehicle and also the diesel.  I guess a lot also depends on how often the vehicle is serviced and how it is driven.  There is no doubt in my mind that branded fuel does offer a better mpg and a cleaner engine and I like to think that I am not foolish.  laughing

Milestogo replied on 12/10/2019 16:54

Posted on 12/10/2019 16:54

Just looking at all this again. Does anyone know what relationship horizon fuel services and pump king have ?

Also, who are now the owners of the cards ? And who has all of our details, pumpking or horizon ? 

Can anyone from the club clarify any of this ? And why a shareholder and partner of horizon has over a thousand companies Linked into it ? 

I for one do not like  the idea of my details being shared with that many linked companies.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook