Sainsburys Everyday Shopping Card

Cushie replied on 05/01/2020 16:15

Posted on 05/01/2020 16:15

Was it worth it?

Do you have a Diploma in Computer Entanglement?  You will when you get through this!

Go to 'Members Offers' then 'Sainsburys Shopping Card' then 'Get the Offer'

Signing up and paying £4.50 to get the card was easy (as it is when someone is taking your money) and the card came in a couple of days.

You can't use it immediately, you have to REGISTER the card and then TOP it UP with cash.

Finding hidden links kon the CC site is fustrating and the whole clicking process took me an hour.

From the CC site follow the above links again and you will eventually find the link to ACTIVATE your card which takes you to Sainsburys website.

Here you have to log in as a member but it does not tell you to use your CC login or your Sainsburys login.

Well neither worked after several attempts so I decided to REGISTER as a new member (and used our usual Sainsburys login info)

Now just to make life easy when you are handing over your hard earned cash, Sainsburys refers to this as a GIFT CARD!

It accepted the card number and then you look for RELOAD which is confusing 'speak' for would you like to  TOP UP your new card. Decide the amount (in £50 increments I believe) and then ADD IT TO YOUR BASKET as though you were buying shopping items. Here you can see you have already got the 4% of your cash back.

If you are lucky you receive an unexpected email from another Company called 'Inspired Awards'  but that does not tell you how much you have on your card,  Look for an email from another company 'MBL Solutions Limited' through which your debit card has been accessed via Sage Pay.

I think you can go back to Sainsburys via the CC site for that (this info was not available when I tried that so wait a day or two).

I even tried scanning the QR code on the back of the card and that said I had zero £ in my account. I'll  try it again after a day or two and see if that shows my credit (hopefully).

If you thought using Sainsburys devious vouchers were difficult to use then this caps it!

I'll report how my wife was able or not, to use the card for our shopping.

Good luck with your shopping if you have remembered to top up in the morning of the day before!

redface replied on 06/01/2020 18:49

Posted on 06/01/2020 18:49

Just be glad that you are not trying find your account balance with their credit card, on line.

I have never known a website (from an alleged bank) to say ' hang on - we are nearly there'!

It takes 20 seconds plus to get you where you need to be!

Most UK banks are more responsive than that.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook