Towergate Caravan Insurance

ob1 replied on 17/06/2019 14:51

Posted on 17/06/2019 14:51

Hi Has anybody had any dealings with Towergate Caravan Insurance I have had a quote from them this morning and they are quite a bit cheaper than the company I am with and both clubs on a like for like policy.  But like any insurance company it is only when you make a claim when you find out if they are any good. So am interested to here from anybody who uses them or has made a claim with them.

Thanks OB1

ob1 replied on 18/06/2019 16:13

Posted on 18/06/2019 16:13

The company I am with now has Defaqto five rating Caravan Guard I have always found them very helpful but I was not impressed with the service I received when I made my claim. I was in France when the accident took place and spent two days trying to contact the insurance company, Caravan Guard is only a broker keep getting put on hold for ever used up all my minutes on my phone trying. I contacted Caravan Guard a few times asking for help but didn’t get any just kept saying keep trying. All I got was a letter waiting for me when I got home asking for more money because my insurance had renewed while I was away and they had took some no claims off me, it even gave a date saying my insurance would be void if I did not pay the extra by that date, the date was before I got home and answered the letter. I didn’t get any help as the claim was going through had to do all the chasing myself.

cabcar replied on 18/06/2019 16:43

Posted on 18/06/2019 16:43

I insure through Towergate, never made a claim so cannot offer comments on their claims dept but can say the customer service dept score top marks for me, have had  to ring about three times, each time  they,ve rang me back within minutes with an answer which was acceptable to me. Its not the cheapest out there but offer what I require.

Wildwood replied on 19/06/2019 11:00

Posted on 19/06/2019 11:00

I am surprised at the complaint against Caravanguard as they are generally rated one of the best and use RSA who are again large and usually very good on claims service. The policy though is excellent.

ob1 replied on 19/06/2019 11:37

Posted on 19/06/2019 11:37

No complaints about RSA they were very good, I always thought Caravan Guard were very good been with them for a few years but was not not impressed with them when I had to make a claim.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook