Compliments and complaints
The Club will always aim to do its best and whether you’ve had an outstanding experience or we’ve not quite got it right, we want to hear from you.
How can I share my feedback, a compliment or make a complaint to the Club?
- Our Site Staff are in place to ensure things run smoothly during your stay and should be contacted in the first instance to help resolve any issues.
- If an issue can’t be resolved during your stay please call 01342 326944 (Monday-Friday 8.45am-5.30pm) and ask to speak to the relevant department. Please note you may be encouraged to write in to the Club if further information is required.
- If you are experiencing difficulty with the Wi-Fi facility on site (e.g. logging on, purchasing time, issues with your devices, payment or refund queries) please contact Airangel (the Wi-Fi supplier) direct on 0333 240 7610. If you have already spoken to Airangel and are still experiencing issues, please contact the Club, as detailed below, and ask to speak to the Sites Operations department, reference Wi-Fi.
- If you wish to email us, please visit our 'Contact us' page and email the department with your comments. Be sure to provide your membership number or booking reference if non-member and let us know if you are providing ‘feedback’, a ‘compliment’ or ‘complaint’.
- If you wish to write to the Club regarding any topic, please include your membership number (where applicable) and address your correspondence to the appropriate department at:
Caravan and Motorhome Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA
What can I expect from the Club following my feedback?
We always appreciate general feedback on any of our products and services. All feedback is recorded and is considered as part of the Club’s ongoing continuous improvement. Due to the volume of feedback received, we regret we are unable to acknowledge everything in writing.
What can I expect from the Club following my compliment?
We are always delighted to receive compliments when you’ve been impressed with our service. We will always share these with the staff involved, as well as use examples of best practice. Any verbal or written compliment will be recorded.
If you’ve enjoyed your stay at one of our campsites and had great service please rate us on Trustpilot,
www.trustpilot.com/review/www.caravanclub.co.uk, we’d love to hear from you.
What can I expect from the Club following my complaint?
We will aim to resolve a complaint immediately if it is made verbally to an employee with the necessary experience and authority to deal with it. If this can not be achieved during discussions, the details of your complaint will be passed to the relevant department for further investigation and we’ll advise when you will receive a full reply.
Complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt and this will confirm when to expect a full response and the name of the person dealing with the complaint. Emails will initially be acknowledged automatically, so a named person will be advised at a later stage.
When your case is complex, involves a number of issues or a third party, we may need some time to fully investigate to ensure we have covered everything. In such instances, we will offer a full response within 10 working days (excluding Caravan Cover, Insurance and Sites Operations related complaints). If we have to work beyond this timescale, we will keep you updated.
Designated employees are empowered to deal with complaints and have authority to make decisions. Management controls are in place to ensure complaints are handled promptly, fairly and consistently and at a suitably senior level.
For Caravan Cover and Insurance related complaints only - We will aim to respond to any Financial Services complaint within 40 days of the receipt of the complaint. If the complaint relates to one of our partners, then regulation requires that the matter be referred to the partner for resolution. In such circumstances, the Club will remain engaged with the partner and be advised of the final outcome.
For Site related complaints only - If your complaint relates to a stay at a UK Club Site, we will respond to you within 20 working days. This time ensures we can complete a full review with relevant Site Staff and/or Regional Managers ensuring that Club standards are being adhered to.
What to do if you are not happy with the Club’s response?
If you feel our response hasn’t resolved things properly, please tell us. We would appreciate one last chance to put things right. If eight weeks have gone by since you first told us about the problem and you are still unhappy, then for Financial Services products you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review the situation. You can find further details about the FOS at www.financialombudsman.org or by contacting them on 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567. For other products and services, you may wish to consider using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in which case please contact us and we shall be able to provide you with details of a certified ADR provider and shall let you know whether we intend to use that provider to settle the dispute.
Data Privacy Statement