Compliments and complaints
If you have a compliment or complaint about any part of our service we want to hear from you so that we can build improvements into our policies and procedures.
How do I make a compliment or complaint to the Caravan and Motorhome Club?
We accept compliments and complaints verbally and in writing.
- If you wish to telephone, please call 01342 326 944 (Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm) and ask to speak to the relevant department. Please note you may be encouraged to write in to The Club if further information is required, or if the case is complex.
- In person to the Site Warden. If the complaint cannot be resolved on site, the complaint should be addressed to the Head of Sites Operations at East Grinstead House.
- For Wi-Fi queries, enquiries, compliments or complaints, please email WiFi@camc.com.
- If you are experiencing difficulty with the Wi-Fi facility on site (e.g. logging on, purchasing time, issues with your devices, payment or refund queries) please contact Airangel (the Wi-Fi supplier) direct on 0333 240 7610 (Lines open 24/7, 365 days a year).
- If you have already spoken to Airangel and you are still experiencing issues, please contact the Club’s main switchboard as detailed above and ask to speak to the Sites Operations department, reference Wi-Fi.
- If you wish to write to the Club regarding any topic, please include your membership number (where applicable) and address your correspondence to the appropriate department at:
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House
- If you wish to email us with your comments, please contact one of our dedicated teams:
Club sites team
Overseas travel team
Certificated Locations team
What can I expect from the Caravan and Motorhome Club following my compliment?
We would like to know when you have been impressed or pleased with our service. We can use these examples to share best practice amongst our staff. Any verbal or written compliment will be recorded. The member(s) of staff identified as being the subject of, or contributing to any matter giving rise to, the compliment will be notified.
What can I expect from the Caravan and Motorhome Club following my complaint?
We shall respond to a complaint immediately if it is made verbally to an employee with the necessary experience and authority to deal with it. If further investigation is required, you will be advised of the name of the person dealing with the complaint and when you can expect a response.
Written complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt. You will be advised of the name of the person dealing with the complaint and when you can expect a response. Emails will be acknowledged automatically, so a named person will be advised at a later stage.
Designated employees are empowered to deal with complaints and have authority to make decisions.
Complaints are investigated promptly and thoroughly.
Management controls are in place to ensure complaints are handled promptly, fairly and consistently and at a suitably senior level.
We shall work hard to resolve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. Where your case is complex, or involves a number of issues, or involves a third party, we may need some time to make sure that we have covered everything. If immediate resolution is not possible, a written response will be given within 10 working days (excluding Insurance and Sites Operations related complaints).
For site operations related complaints only
Our aim is to take no longer than 20 working days to reply to even the most complex of complaints. Some issues may require further investigation by our Regional Officers or our Regional Managers who spend a great deal of time away from their office visiting sites ensuring that Club standards are being adhered to.
For insurance related complaints only
if the complaint relates to one of our partners, then regulation requires that the matter be referred to the partner for resolution. In such circumstances, the Club will remain engaged with the partner and be advised of the final outcome.
If you feel our response hasn't resolved things properly, please tell us. We would appreciate one last chance to put things right. If eight weeks have gone by since you first told us about the problem and you are still unhappy, then for Insurance and Financial Services products you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review the situation.
You can find further details about the FOS at www.financial-ombudsman.org or by contacting them on 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567.
For other products and services, you may wish to consider using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in which case please contact us and we shall be able to provide you with details of a certified ADR provider and shall let you know whether we intend to use that provider to settle the dispute.
For products and services purchased online, particularly where you may reside in the EU, but outside of the United Kingdom, you also have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
If you decide to use this service, please use the following Club email address when completing the form: email@example.com.