Half term delights with The Caravan Club
Plan ahead for February and keep kids – and big kids – entertained with this selection of activities:
- Cardiff Castle Adventure: Home to the Romans, Normans and Victorians, Cardiff Castle is an exciting family day out with its tunnels, air raid shelters and fortress to explore. A stay at Tredegar House Caravan Club site (7 miles from Cardiff) site costs from £18.70 per night based on two adults and two children from January to mid-March 2017.
- Go Ape: Moors Valley Adventure Park is host to the treetop experience Go Ape. A great way to get the kids active with a double Tarzan swing and Go Ape Forest Segway to enjoy.
- A stay at Hunter’s Moon Caravan Club site costs from £20.50 per night based on two adults and two children.
- Nottingham Giant Wheel: With the Wheel of Nottingham returning to the city from 28 January until 12 March 2017, there’s plenty of opportunity to enjoy the panoramic views offered during the ride. What’s more, to mark the city’s 10th Light Night, 10 February 2017 will see it transformed into the Wheel of Lights as 75,000 bulbs illuminate the structure.
A stay at the nearby Milestone Caravan Club site costs from £21.40 per night based on two adults and two children.
- Southbank Centre’s Imagine Children’s Festival: From 9-19 February 2017 London’s Royal Festival Hall will be dedicated to delighting children of all ages with their action-packed programme of creative events. From a free pedal-powered screening of The Little Mermaid and LEGO-inspired events, to Team GB Olympic hero Chris Hoy’s book reading, and even a family clubbing experience, there’s something for every interest.
A stay at Crystal Palace Caravan Club site costs from £22.80 per night based on two adults and two children.
- Lions, tigers and bears in Kent: Visit Howletts Wild Animal Park which is home to the UK’s largest herd of African elephants and also see the first baby black rhino to be born at the park. A stay at Black Horse Farm site is from £18.30 per night based on two adults and two children.
- Magic in Lancashire: On 23 February 2017 enjoy a magical day out with the East Lancashire Railway. During a ride on-board the steam train budding witches and wizards can brush up on their magical skills with themed activities. A stay at the Burrs Country Park Caravan Club site costs from £18.25 per person based on two adults and two children.
For families with children between the ages of five and 17 years, the kids can stay for just £1 per night – a great money saving offer available throughout the season at selected sites.
Harvey Alexander, director of marketing, The Caravan Club commented:
“From castles in Cardiff to magic in Lancashire, the UK has a diverse range of days out to suit all ages and all have a site nearby. With children staying for just £1 per night, February half-term is the perfect time to explore the UK and get on the road.”
For more information please contact The Caravan Club on 01342 326 944 or visit www.caravanclub.co.uk.
Caravan Club membership is just £49 per year and provides members with access to over 200 Club sites and 2,500 privately owned places to stay in the UK. It also offers a choice of close to 300 sites across Europe including France, Spain and Germany amongst other destinations. All members can take advantage of expert advice, overseas travel services, financial services and exclusive member offers and discounts. There is no membership requirement for campers who want to pitch up at over 40 Caravan Club sites.
Contact Kate O’Brien or Emma Wayman at Siren Communications on 0207 759
1150 or email email@example.com.
Nikki Nichol, external communications and sponsorship manager at The Caravan Club on 01342 336 797 / 07771 834 443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editor
Champions of the great outdoors, The Caravan Club represents the interests of over one million caravanners, motorhomers and trailer tent owners across the UK.
For further information about becoming a member of The Caravan Club please visit www.caravanclub.co.uk or call 01342 318 813.