Newton-On-Trent, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 2LJView on map
Why stay here ...
Andrew and Alison welcome you to Hall Farm CL. We run an arable farm growing wheat, barley, beans, maize and Christmas Trees.
Our CL site is a securely fenced grass field, containing five hard standings, each with a 10 amp electric supply. We welcome families and dogs, as there is plenty of space on the site for everyone. There are plenty of local walks of varying length, accessible from the site including footpaths alongside the River Trent.
We are situated 10 miles from the A1and 10 miles west of Lincoln, with easy access to the historic market towns of Newark, Retford and Gainsborough. Local attractions and activities include:
- University City of Lincoln with its wonderful Cathedral, famous for the mischievous Lincoln Imp, (see if you can find it inside).
- Lincoln’s Norman Castle which now has a dedicated area to house one of the three original copies of the Magna Carta.
- The new Bomber Command Centre, is just on the edge of the city
- Newark Castle and Civil War Centre
- Lincolnshire Showground
- Newark Showground
- Gainsborough Old Hall
- Doddington Hall and Farm Shop
- Pay and Play golf course within 2 miles
- Close to Sustrans Bike trail - Lincoln to Clumber Park
- Sundown Adventure Land
- Go Ape in Sherwood Pines
- The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest
Lincolnshire has lots of aviation heritage including the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre. The Red Arrows display team can often be seen practicing over Scampton from the comfort of a deck chair on site.
In the next door village (1.3miles) there is a pub that serves food, and also an Indian restaurant which also provides a take-away and delivery service. There are several other local pubs serving excellent food. We are lucky to have the outstanding Courtyard Tearoom on the farm serving delicious home cooked food and fabulous cakes. There is a well-stocked village shop and post office within walking distance, which also sells Calor gas.
The field surrounding the site is sown to a pollen and nectar flower mix to enhance the environment. In summer it is a picture of flowers and butterflies. The surrounding fields are full of wildlife, and it is not uncommon to see deer, rabbits, hares and the occasional badger. The farm hosts a variety of birds including barn owls, kestrels, peewits, skylarks and field fares.
There is plenty to keep you occupied for a stay at Hall Farm CL whatever your interests, or you can just come and relax and unwind at our rural site.
Some sloping pitches
Electric amperage: 10
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- LN1 2LJ
- Lat 53.255971 / Lon -0.752772
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Lincoln
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Saxilby
Log in to write a review