The Bishop's Palace & Gardens in Wells has been home to the Bishop of Bath and Wells for over 800 years and this stunnin...View and Book
Long Street, High Ham, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9DNView on map
Why stay here ...
- Situated away from the road in a quiet, rural village in the beautiful countryside of South Somerset
- Situated atop a hill with spectacular, undisturbed views of beautiful scenery including three neighbouring counties on clear days
- Tidy, lawned (one hard standing available) and relatively private site with well-spaced pitches
- Flushing WC and well spaced pitches
- Seasonal fragrant flower and poppy display
- Home-grown and local organic produce (honey, red wine, vegetables) available for purchase seasonally
- Dog walking permitted
- Situated less than 13 miles from the M5 and near many tourist attractions including nearby bird watching centre, Glastonbury Tor, Jurassic coast 30 miles away
- Avoid using Sat Nav as it’s likely to take you on a treacherous route, please use our directions in the handbook
- There is playing field approximately 300 meters from the site with zip wire etc.
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Latest departure time: 12:00 PM
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
Log in to write a review
Hilltops is a beautiful site, extremely well tended by Brian and Shelley. The website pictures don't really reflect how very smart it is. The toilet block is super immaculate. High Ham and the surrounding area is amazingly quiet. We stayed for three nights but would have liked to stay longer. We'll be back!
Hilltops is genuinely one of the best sites in the South of England, well maintained by the nicest owners you could ever want to meet, with fantastic views over the Somerset countryside, and as others have said there are lots of places to visit within 10-15 miles, National Trust properties, Farm shops, Garden centres, RSPB sites as well as opportunities for shopping for all that stuff you didn't know you wanted till you see it. We have stayed a few times now, will do again, and will always look forward to going to Hilltops. You will too!
Enjoyed 4 nights last week at Hilltops. Can’t fault the site or the owners. Fantastic views across South Somerset and very peaceful. We were a little concerned because we had a new puppy with us but the area was perfect for walking him off site. Short car drive to various places of interest. The site facilities were excellent - very clean and well maintained and the tv and WiFi reception were also top notch. Don’t approach from Pedwell, the peat moors have caused the road to subside in places, instead ring the site owner Brian and he will explain a much better route Looking forward to returning soon
This site has some of the best views of any CL we’ve stayed at.Lovely and quiet with zero road noise, just the sound of the bees and the birds. The toilet was immaculately clean and had a good selection of reading material.There’s an honesty box for some fresh garden produce and a convenient and extensive recycling area. Brian and Shelley were very friendly and helpful. Will certainly visit again.
Very peaceful village surroundings, with excellent views and most helpful and interesting owners. Spotlessly clean facilities and extremely well tended site. Although its grass it is well drained with almost no chance of being stuck. On our last visit we were guided in by Brian who came out specially, all with a smile. Good TV reception. Looking forward to our next visit.