2017 - Sandringham

Firedragon replied on 01/11/2016 21:38

Posted on 01/11/2016 21:38

A National is not like visiting a site where you book and pay when you get there, it is hard enough getting all the vans in and sited up on arrival without expecting the site marshalls to take money too. Also if you pay when you book, your pitch is secured, if it is not paid for and the site is 'fully booked' then no more bookings would be taken and risks no-shows depriving others of a pitch. Please remember all those people on the gates seeing you in and directing operations to get everyone sited are volunteers and have paid for their own pitches too, there are no discounts for the workers.

Alison

Boff replied on 02/11/2016 09:01

Posted on 02/11/2016 09:01

Brue, I think that you have mixed me up with another member. the DCOS is called Paula and I have never been to the National before.

Brian

TF

I don't know this from direct experience, as I have made pretty clear that the national is not really my thing and the national with compulsory ehu definitely not my thing!

But I have been told because the supply is only 6amp there are problems with the power tripping out because of overloading. If you require constant power for medical reasons then it might be worth considering running your device via an inverter from the battery that way the power supply  can be kept constant as the battery is being charged when the power is on. 

What ever way enjoy the national

tigerfish replied on 02/11/2016 11:01

Posted on 02/11/2016 11:01

Thanks Boff actually my Bipap machine does have an emergency battery attached.  Not sure how that fits with their other instruction to inform your electrical supplier, but there you go.

Personally not to concerned but will inform the organisers incase of long term cuts.

Thanks once again!

TF

brue replied on 02/11/2016 11:05

Posted on 02/11/2016 11:05

Sensible idea TF, I expect there will be a few others in the same boat. Mobility scooters have to be charged up too and it's good to have provision for those that need it.

Boothroyd replied on 21/11/2016 16:49

Posted on 21/11/2016 16:49

Booked this morning no spaces left on west Central region which is were our centre is. They offered us the last pitch on South West Region which we snapped up. The lady on the phone said that it will be sold out within a couple of days

replied on 21/11/2016 17:10

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:10

calling all ditherers... not many places left I've heard... don't wait too long or you may not get in Surprised

Alison

Write your comments here...That's amazing! Last year people were complaining that the National was losing popularity. Clearly that's not going to be the case for the 2017 event.

mickysf replied on 23/11/2016 20:10

Posted on 23/11/2016 20:10

I'm not familiar with the notion of the National at all. Can anyone summarise for me, what happens at it and why it is so highly regarded by members?

In other words, what's it all about?

bill replied on 24/11/2016 16:25

Posted on 24/11/2016 16:25

I heard it's filling up so haven't bothered.  I understand that there are 1,500 pitches next year.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook