Club Pop-up Campsites are returning in 2023

Rowena replied on 16/12/2022 12:04

Posted on 16/12/2022 12:04

The Caravan and Motorhome Club Pop-up Campsites are returning in 2023!

Join us at the Holkham Pop-up campsite from 11th July - 17th September and visit us in the New Forest's beautiful Beaulieu from 4th-31st July.

Find out more about our 2023 Pop-up Campsites HERE

replied on 25/12/2022 09:20

Posted on 25/12/2022 09:20

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Navigateur replied on 25/12/2022 11:42

Posted on 25/12/2022 11:42

I find it odd that on one hand there is a great push to having all pitches on all sites (where possible) turned to hard standing because "you said, we listened", and on the other hand pop-up sites that are just a field - as sites used to be.   Is it a test to find if they have got their policy wrong?

DavidKlyne replied on 25/12/2022 12:02

Posted on 25/12/2022 11:42 by Navigateur

I find it odd that on one hand there is a great push to having all pitches on all sites (where possible) turned to hard standing because "you said, we listened", and on the other hand pop-up sites that are just a field - as sites used to be.   Is it a test to find if they have got their policy wrong?

Posted on 25/12/2022 12:02

Not sure there is any comparison or muddled thinking. Pop Up sites are open for a few weeks in the middle of summer when, hopefully, you should experience better weather. Club sites are usually open for a minimum of six months and usually 10/12 months where you are likely to need a more durable surface. Many of us have been telling the club for years now that we wanted to be able to book a hardstanding pitch rather than take pot luck and thankfully they have listened and acted. 

David

young thomas replied on 28/12/2022 21:40

Posted on 28/12/2022 21:40

The club enabling members to choose a HS at booking time is a different proposition to having HS being the default selection due to the club's determination to iron out all the 'interesting foibles' (character) of some sites.

yes, where HS pitches are available, I'm sure that having that choice is 'what members want'...but I'm equally sure there are plenty of members who would like their 'choice' of a grass pitch to be still an option and not eradicated completely from all club sites.

Cornersteady replied on 28/12/2022 22:35

Posted on 28/12/2022 21:40 by young thomas

The club enabling members to choose a HS at booking time is a different proposition to having HS being the default selection due to the club's determination to iron out all the 'interesting foibles' (character) of some sites.

yes, where HS pitches are available, I'm sure that having that choice is 'what members want'...but I'm equally sure there are plenty of members who would like their 'choice' of a grass pitch to be still an option and not eradicated completely from all club sites.

Posted on 28/12/2022 22:35

I think this is the wrong thread YT? But to answer your points which I think (perhaps wrongly so apologies if so) applies to the SQ site as you posted about the club losing interesting sites there before. 

Is there a determination to iron out all the 'interesting foibles' (character) of some sites? And what has this to do with pop up sites?

Is that a true fact, or just your opinions there YT? And where is the evidence for that? And who gets to decide which sites have 'interesting foibles' (character)? It indeed may be interesting to you but not for others? 

And all such sites? ...a grass pitch to be still an option and not eradicated completely from all club sites.

I think that's rather an amazing statement based on just one site that has to change in order to be an all year round site and I recall fully supported by the local council. 

Perhaps who knows the club actually looks at the data from those who actually use club sites rather than just have an interest in the subject and note certain patterns that appears to mirror what has been posted on here, that grass pitches go last, are useless for an all year round site and SP are in great demand?

Apologies if off topic.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/12/2022 22:47

Posted on 28/12/2022 22:35 by Cornersteady

Is there a determination to iron out all the 'interesting foibles' (character) of some sites?

Is that a true fact, or just your opinions there YT? And where is the evidence for that? And who gets to decide which sites have 'interesting foibles' (character)? It indeed may be interesting to you but not for others? 

And all such sites? ...a grass pitch to be still an option and not eradicated completely from all club sites.

I think that's rather an amazing statement based on just one site that has to change in order to be an all year round site and I recall fully supported by the local council. 

Perhaps who knows the club actually looks at the data from those who actually use club sites rather than just have an interest in the subject and note certain patterns that appears to mirror what has been posted on here, that grass pitches go last, are useless for an all year round site and SP are in great demand?

It's shame you won't be visiting the end result when it's all done..

Posted on 28/12/2022 22:47

I’d be very interested in your take on it MrC, judging by the pics you’ve posted I believe you have an excellent choice palette re your club sites certainly not bland nor over fussy & by no means not the standard cheap & cheerful fayre I tend to use when I’m looking for a stopover👍🏻

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook