N E C Show, Feb 2020

ABM replied on 02/02/2020 20:15

Posted on 02/02/2020 20:15

Its a little over two weeks to the February Show at Birmingham N E C.

Will any body be going and what will you be looking at. New vans ??  accessories ??  or just fresh ideas ??

ABM replied on 18/02/2020 20:57

Posted on 18/02/2020 20:57

There was the usual " Do your own Cleaning" chappie there today. He's the one with a bucket of sudsy water, a blue plastic pipe with a brush on the end. I did tell him that, when he finished playing there, a fair few of us were available on car park E 3 but I didn't understand his reply ( Think it might have been a Brummy dialect  undecided )

Had a walk round the accessory stalls 'til lunch on Club stand 12:15 - 1:00 then went on the " Buying  Circuit " - new fire extiguisher, few other bits n bobs and  some Snowdonia Cheese .  I'm not sure if anybody else has heard of that  laughing. All in all not a bad day and not a bad show either, altho I did not see anybody I knew not even on Club stand.

Could have done with a Chauffeur for the drive there and back --  then I might have managed a decent foto or three of the area round Stafford by the Sea --  never seen it flooded so badly. Feel really sorry for those suffering and with the knowledge there is no end in sight

ABM replied on 19/02/2020 11:22

Posted on 19/02/2020 11:22

Just browsing on here  this morning and I came across a thread about KAYAKS.

That started me thinking about how the NEC Holiday Show has changed - there used to be water-based things from Canal  narrow boats  up to the sort of clever hard work thingies CY might have been interested in --  they might have had a few takers this week I think frown

ABM replied on 19/02/2020 12:21

Posted on 19/02/2020 12:21

undecided, hmm --  Saw loads of pairs of animals moving round the  NEC yesterday --  but I'm not sure why I should be worried. So I'll head for lunch & try to workout your conundrum CY .

ABM replied on 19/02/2020 15:03

Posted on 19/02/2020 14:43 by ABM

Very good, very good indeed, BUT who nicked my specs  surprised

Posted on 19/02/2020 15:03

Thank you, Goldie,  I'm still just waking up & I've only just seen the funny side,  Well I'm no archivist am I.wink

Must remember to apologise to CY when next our paths cross embarassed

ABM replied on 19/02/2020 20:23

Posted on 19/02/2020 20:23

But you are at the bottom of the country, according to my latest atlas undecided - but whatever wink.

Send out the mallards !!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook