Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:46

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:46

Ever since we came together as a group of like-minded enthusiasts back in 1907, our Club has continued a tradition of adventure and discovery that we should all be proud of. That’s why we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

It is with great pleasure that on our 110th anniversary, we welcome you to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

While we’re still the same Club you know and love, we’re making some changes for the better.
We’re redefining who we are and what we stand for, to better reflect our growing Motorhomer membership, and improving the way we help you enjoy the outdoors to the fullest.

This is just the beginning; you can learn more about the exciting improvements we have in store at www.camc.com/discover

JVB66 replied on 28/02/2017 21:42

Posted on 28/02/2017 12:07 by eurortraveller

The Youth Hostels Association (YHA) years ago decided to  keep the same name and brand and badge,  but changed its hostels enormously - the condition of them, their rules and regulations, and the way they were staffed and run. As a result they have radically broadened their customer base.

Instead of making those changes the Caravan Club has changed its name and logo. Just that. 

Posted on 28/02/2017 21:42

Good post and yet another example of an internationaly known and respected organisation that has moved forward without losing its identityundecided 

WhitelineFever replied on 01/03/2017 09:46

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:11 by Tinwheeler

Absolutely not, Dossett, you seem to have misunderstood.

See the post by the warden (JollyKernow) in the linked thread.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/the-social-room/general-chat/motorhome-pitching/

Posted on 01/03/2017 09:46

Doors should nor be facing each other and binds pulled down immediately another unit arrives on adjacent pitch.

replied on 01/03/2017 09:52

Posted on 01/03/2017 09:52

What about front blinds should they be kept closed at all times? smile

WhitelineFever replied on 01/03/2017 10:07

Posted on 28/02/2017 09:17 by GTP

Anyone else noticed that the new site directory cover has a photo of a single motorhome (sorry motor caravan)....not very inclusive !!...

And to be clear (using the current trending phrase)..The only bitterness I have towards Motor Caravans is when one parks up aside me, blocks out the sun all day and then up sticks at 6-0am the next morning...

Posted on 01/03/2017 10:07

What's it like at 06.00 in the morning. Is anyone on the streets. Milkman used to wake me up with the rattling of the bottles on his cart, but not heard him lately. Perhaps I'm sleeping deeper.

landymick replied on 18/04/2017 20:02

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:07 by Gloucester1

I would of thought that with a bit more thought, and consultation with the members that a better logo could of been chosen,  may be some one was eating a nice scoop of walls ice cream at the time !.

How come nothing was said In advance, first I heard about it was at the first day at the show, then at midday an e mail,  shouldn't the members had  a chance to have there views heard. May be if we all had time to go to the AGM, may be we would of found out or not.

As I have not received my March magazine, may be this is the new look club, things going wrong ?

Posted on 18/04/2017 20:02

There was nowt wrong Wi the old logo to me  and change of name as someone  said  earlier should  have a  new  start date for new club

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook