Concessions for 60 +

Bakers2 replied on 16/01/2017 20:07

Posted on 16/01/2017 20:07

No the caravan club doesn't offer this.  They do do mid week discounts on some sites, which I would think could be regarded as similar.  We aren't members of C&CC these days, but understood they did away with them for new members.  May rejoin this year, but we need to decide on our plans for the year generally sealed

Wullie replied on 16/01/2017 20:27

Posted on 16/01/2017 20:27

Thanks for your answer Bakers2, I was thinking of joining c&cc see what there like compared to cc, I been with the cc for 23 yrs but if I can cut costs' well maybe I'll change.

IanH replied on 16/01/2017 20:30

Posted on 16/01/2017 20:30

I think what the C&CC did was to increase the 'age concession' age from over 55 to over 60 a couple of year ago.

It diesn't apply in peak season.

It's a good scheme though and it would br good if the CC did the same scheme.

Kennine replied on 16/01/2017 21:34

Posted on 16/01/2017 21:34

I dont think the CC could afford to provide discount to all their over 60's.  Unlike the C&CC  the proportion of over 60's to any other age group in the CC  is very substantial.

Cheers ........K

Tinwheeler replied on 16/01/2017 21:39

Posted on 16/01/2017 21:39

We find C&CC prices, even with the age related discount deducted, to be pretty much on a par with CC prices. The C&CC discount doesn't usually apply at peak times.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/01/2017 00:10

Posted on 17/01/2017 00:10

Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it!!! For it to work the Club would have to be convinced that it would help to fill underused capacity on campsites rather than provide an added subsidy. We tend to motorhome all year and with the odd exception CC sites seem to be pretty well used. There is also the issue of given one part of the membership an advantage over another as would happen if you base price discounts on an age basis. At least the mid week discount is available to all. I expect the C&CC work on a different model. Because they ask for a deposit and also accept more tent campers they need to encourage people to commit to booking pitches which the age concession does. My experience of C&CC sites is that I can generally leave booking a site right to the last minute whereas CC sites I have to book some way ahead.

David

DSB replied on 17/01/2017 01:11

Posted on 17/01/2017 01:11

I agree entirely with DavidKlyne's post above.  The Club already has some midweek discounts for all caravanners, irrespective of age. Considering the age of caravanners generally, and the fact that those who are retired have more flexibility to use sites during the week, I see no advantage in changing this.

David

dmiller555 replied on 17/01/2017 08:15

Posted on 17/01/2017 00:10 by DavidKlyne

Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it!!! For it to work the Club would have to be convinced that it would help to fill underused capacity on campsites rather than provide an added subsidy. We tend to motorhome all year and with the odd exception CC sites seem to be pretty well used. There is also the issue of given one part of the membership an advantage over another as would happen if you base price discounts on an age basis. At least the mid week discount is available to all. I expect the C&CC work on a different model. Because they ask for a deposit and also accept more tent campers they need to encourage people to commit to booking pitches which the age concession does. My experience of C&CC sites is that I can generally leave booking a site right to the last minute whereas CC sites I have to book some way ahead.

David

Posted on 17/01/2017 08:15

I agree about the cake, if one section is to be permitted to eat it then another part has to pay for it. 

I suggest that the ready availability of CCC pitches is because of the deposit system discouraging overbooking.

Metheven replied on 17/01/2017 09:29

Posted on 17/01/2017 09:29

I am not in favour of discounts for the over 60's, in fact there should be no age related discounts and wonder why children have one!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook