There is a lot of very unhappy club members

sparky100 replied on 03/03/2017 07:06

Posted on 03/03/2017 07:06

There is a lot of very unhappy members I realy do feel as my young family do feel the the board are so cut off from its own younger  memembers and I all so feel thay need to stop what thay are doing to day be fore thay go it to a board meeting and think hard what thay have done and to try and make the members come together  again as we are not as one  club wich is sad but I still hope it will change  and we will all be as one 

ScreenName70D77ECC10 replied on 09/11/2021 21:03

Posted on 09/11/2021 21:03

I’m new to the club and I would like to add to this discussion as I too am very unhappy with what I’ve just found. 
Having just received all my club information I decided to look at how much I’d save on a ferry crossing next April. I was absolutely gobsmacked to find that a return crossing from 15/4/22 to 22/4/22 would cost me £491 when booking through CAMC.COM/FERRYOFFERS

Having decided to look to see how much it would cost to book directly with P&O ferry’s I was amazed to find that booking the crossing on the same dates and times was only £213!!! Even when I chose the more expensive Flexi option that was still £140 cheaper than booking through the caravan club???

Wherenext replied on 09/11/2021 21:09

Posted on 09/11/2021 21:09

Even cheaper if you have Tesco vouchers to use as they're worth 3x for P&O.

We used to use the club for ferries but haven't for quite some time finding it cheaper elsewhere, usually direct.

Geejay replied on 09/11/2021 21:21

Posted on 09/11/2021 21:21

@ScreenName etc It looks like your screenshot of the C&MHC booking is for a car & caravan while the P&O booking is just for a car.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

eribaMotters replied on 09/11/2021 21:28

Posted on 09/11/2021 21:28

I'm a great believer in Tesco vouchers, but unfortunately things no longer look so good. Prices on crossings have about doubled since 2018, but they have not raised the limit on the vouchers you can cash in. You can only have £35 in vouchers = £105 spend against each leg of the crossings.

At present Eurotunnel are offering better prices than P&O on the Calais crossing. DFDS prices have not been released yet but I'm guessing will look favourable compared to P&O. If you can do an antisocial hours crossing then DFDS looks good value on the Newhaven - Dieppe crossing. If you are over 60 then this crossing also attracts a 20% discount but you have to phone in to access the offer.

Colin

replied on 09/11/2021 22:11

Posted on 09/11/2021 22:11

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook