Two tier membership

stu59 replied on 01/09/2022 18:56

Posted on 01/09/2022 18:56

I would like to propose a two tier membership to the Club.

The first tier would be full membership has it is now.

The second tier would be the use of CL Sites only.

If you held CL membership only, you could still use other club sites, but you would need to pay a nominal fee. This level would be ideal for those of us that only use CL sites and do not wish to use the larger sites that are now becoming more like commercial site.

Please discuss.

Thanks Stuart

Wherenext replied on 06/09/2022 22:22

Posted on 06/09/2022 22:22

2 points, EM.

1. Those pitches remained vacant throughout our weekend stay.

2. My site fee was exactly the same regardless of size of pitch so I was discriminated against. A 2 tier system existed. 

Don't want one for CAMC. I pay the same for a pitcha as a TA or a Trailer tent and am content for it to remain so.

EmilysDad replied on 06/09/2022 22:41

Posted on 06/09/2022 22:22 by Wherenext

2 points, EM.

1. Those pitches remained vacant throughout our weekend stay.

2. My site fee was exactly the same regardless of size of pitch so I was discriminated against. A 2 tier system existed. 

Don't want one for CAMC. I pay the same for a pitcha as a TA or a Trailer tent and am content for it to remain so.

Posted on 06/09/2022 22:41

Perhaps the site owner felt they'd have lost a fee from a larger outfit that turned up for a week after you'd left if you had the larger pitch. Let the owner/warden manage his/her site.

Wherenext replied on 07/09/2022 18:40

Posted on 07/09/2022 18:40

I'm not interested in "Perhaps this or perhaps that" scenarios. All suppositions.

I'm just telling you I didn't ruddy well like it and they (a company) can do whatever they please nowadays as I'll not be going back.

EmilysDad replied on 07/09/2022 19:02

Posted on 07/09/2022 18:40 by Wherenext

I'm not interested in "Perhaps this or perhaps that" scenarios. All suppositions.

I'm just telling you I didn't ruddy well like it and they (a company) can do whatever they please nowadays as I'll not be going back.

Posted on 07/09/2022 19:02

which is your prerogative ... as it was the site owner's 🙄

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook