Error shown when trying to book a pitch

jnpaint replied on 08/03/2023 09:20

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:20

For the last 4 days I have been unable to book a pitch on the website.

I get to 'checkout' and get an Error message which doesn't give any explanation.

This is happening on website and app. & on PC, Mobile and I Pad.

I have tried contacting the club, but haven't even had an automated acknowledgment, never mind an answer.

Is it just me  or are others experiencing difficulties?

Tinwheeler replied on 03/06/2023 10:41

Posted on 03/06/2023 10:41

Eddie, the CAMC IT system leaves much to be desired. For example, I’m sure most of us are aware the whole system suffered server problems and was off the air yesterday evening.

Having said that, I’ve had problems using Edge on W10 when accessing my bank. I now use Firefox instead and it works like it should. I recommend trying it.

Rufs replied on 03/06/2023 11:06

Posted on 03/06/2023 10:41 by Tinwheeler

Eddie, the CAMC IT system leaves much to be desired. For example, I’m sure most of us are aware the whole system suffered server problems and was off the air yesterday evening.

Having said that, I’ve had problems using Edge on W10 when accessing my bank. I now use Firefox instead and it works like it should. I recommend trying it.

Posted on 03/06/2023 11:06

well i tried to look for a site yesterday afternoon and could not get onto the web site, this must have persisted for a considerable length of time, CAMC must be loosing shed loads of business as a result of poor communications telephone & web site, personally i would not make any changes to my computer in an effort to access the club site, but i also use Firefox and have done since it was first introduced many years ago, works for me. 

Tinwheeler replied on 03/06/2023 11:11

Posted on 03/06/2023 11:06 by Rufs

well i tried to look for a site yesterday afternoon and could not get onto the web site, this must have persisted for a considerable length of time, CAMC must be loosing shed loads of business as a result of poor communications telephone & web site, personally i would not make any changes to my computer in an effort to access the club site, but i also use Firefox and have done since it was first introduced many years ago, works for me. 

Posted on 03/06/2023 11:11

There were obviously problems yesterday, Rufs.

I don’t think installing Firefox as you and I have done is exactly making changes to one’s computer but I do have doubts about the efficiency of Edge. 

SteveL replied on 03/06/2023 14:30

Posted on 03/06/2023 14:30

The issue is also affecting the automatic collecting of remaining balance and has been for a few days I believe. Certainly when I checked this morning they hadn’t collected the balance for todays site and we had to pay on arrival. It’s fine if you can check on an App that it hasn’t gone, however if you can’t you would just have to trust you were not paying twice. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook