Clubfest "to toilet or not to toilet"

ClubMember9A9AFA42DF replied on 28/12/2023 15:21

Posted on 28/12/2023 15:21

I was looking at going to Clubfest this year but upon going to book noticed all the fully serviced pitches with access  to toilet and showers were all booked. I can still get a standard pitch which says no access to toilet or showers. I wanted to know dose that mean no designated showers or toilet but Implying there are site toilets and showers for the masses.  Am I correct in thinking this or is there just no toilet or shower facilities? Help would be very appreciated on this delicate matter .

Moderator Comment - Moved to Discussions.

KjellNN replied on 29/12/2023 10:18

Posted on 29/12/2023 10:18

According to the FAQs there is only access to toilets and showers for the stated pitches, there is no facilities block.  Water and waste disposal is provided.

Just like a "no facilities" site.   

There are toilets at the entertainment areas, open only until 11pm.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/12/2023 12:56

Posted on 29/12/2023 12:56

I have never attended such an event but I would have thought that most would use their own facilities in the van. Maybe the serviced pitches have their own "portacabin" type toilet/shower facilities although how that is policed I don't know, perhaps coded entrance? Obviously there will be disposal options. All the info is here https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/whats-on/clubfest/ 

David

Bakers2 replied on 29/12/2023 13:16

Posted on 29/12/2023 13:16

We attended the one Belvoir Castle several.years ago. Used our own facilities. 

There was provision for black waste, grey waste and access to fresh water and EHU if you wanted it. Set up was very well organised. Rows of vans parked up in blocks so never too far to fetch or dispose. All on grass, quite long, but not an issue as it was dry. 

Can't remember cost now but we had a good time, adding on days at a nearby CL to explore the area. Evening Entertainment was a separate booking and payment. Day time events were included, along with Castle entry. There were stalls to browse too.

Looking at £90 per day for 2 adults. I certainly wouldn't be drilling down into what I got for my money.

eurortraveller replied on 29/12/2023 15:07

Posted on 29/12/2023 15:07

Choosing whether to use public portaloos on a festival site or one’s own private facilities in caravan or motorhome is never a difficult decision. 

ClubMember3B34A0FBAF replied on 25/02/2024 20:25

Posted on 25/02/2024 20:25

Would have loved to have joined my first Clubfest this year, sadly as a solo traveller I cannot justify the price. Some lovely places I have stayed offer a solo traveller discount, or charge per adult, effectively the same thing. Instead, I have booked two other festivals for less than the cost of Clubfest. Perhaps a solo discount/per adult pricing could be considered for next year?

RowenaBCAMC replied on 26/02/2024 14:32

Posted on 25/02/2024 20:25 by ClubMember3B34A0FBAF

Would have loved to have joined my first Clubfest this year, sadly as a solo traveller I cannot justify the price. Some lovely places I have stayed offer a solo traveller discount, or charge per adult, effectively the same thing. Instead, I have booked two other festivals for less than the cost of Clubfest. Perhaps a solo discount/per adult pricing could be considered for next year?

Posted on 26/02/2024 14:32

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass your feedback on to the events team. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook