2017 Peugeot boxer low tyre pressure warning lamp

dougA replied on 12/03/2018 19:49

Posted on 12/03/2018 19:49

Hi I reduced my tyre pressure on my Peugeot for a softer ride. As the warning light comes on I have increased the tyre pressure back to where they were but the warning light and info on the dash still shows low tyre pressure.

i have looked everywhere for a reset button and then n the menu to reset but I am unable to find anything.

Does anyone know how I reset the tyre warning light so it goes off?

doug

Tinwheeler replied on 22/01/2019 16:36

Posted on 22/01/2019 11:25 by lornalou1

they don't work on the circumference or tyre contact with the road as if tyre were worn by a couple of mills they would give a warning of low pressure and that's not correct as pressure is still the same.

Posted on 22/01/2019 16:36

Here you go, LL. Courtesy of Wikipedia.

"Indirect TPMS do not use physical pressure sensors but measure air pressures by monitoring individual wheel rotational speeds and other signals available outside of the tire itself. First generation iTPMS systems are based on the principle that under-inflated tires have a slightly smaller diameter (and hence higher angular velocity) than a correctly inflated one. These differences are measurable through the wheel speed sensors of ABS/ESC systems. Second generation iTPMS can also detect simultaneous under-inflation in up to all four tires using spectrum analysis of individual wheels, which can be realized in software using advanced signal processing techniques."

mylo replied on 22/01/2019 18:40

Posted on 22/01/2019 18:40

Hi most of later systems you can set your tyre pressures then go into set meanu and store pressure then light will only come when a tyre loses pressure or when you have new tyres fitted then stored again light will go out should be in your hand 

EmilysDad replied on 22/01/2019 20:32

Posted on 22/01/2019 11:25 by lornalou1

they don't work on the circumference or tyre contact with the road as if tyre were worn by a couple of mills they would give a warning of low pressure and that's not correct as pressure is still the same.

Posted on 22/01/2019 20:32

They do, they work as I said above. The indirect system compares the average speed of each wheel and it's only the circumference that's in contact with the road. I can put what ever pressure I want into each or any of my tyres & tell the car they're the pressures to use as a set point.

mylo replied on 22/01/2019 20:49

Posted on 22/01/2019 20:49

No I was talking about later type that has senser inside tyre not the early type that works of abs sensors

cyberyacht replied on 22/01/2019 22:12

Posted on 22/01/2019 22:12

It's all a bit academic, BB. Unless I'm prepared to put up with constant nagging by the system I have to put up with the factory defaults. I suppose taking a few paving slabs on holiday would solve it and give me my own hardstanding. wink

EmilysDad replied on 23/01/2019 09:08

Posted on 22/01/2019 20:49 by mylo

No I was talking about later type that has senser inside tyre not the early type that works of abs sensors

Posted on 23/01/2019 09:08

That'll be the direct system then. Not really about early or later systems ... more about the fact that some kind of TPMS is now a required fitment by car manufacturers so they fit the cheaper indirect system. Though I have indirect on my car, direct was an option .... like everything else on a Merc

KevinParker replied on 14/12/2019 14:20

Posted on 14/12/2019 14:20

I have just had my front tyres changed and can confirm the valves have a large block behind them, this is the tyre pressure sensor. So it’s not a function of the abs system, it’s actual pressure. Hopefully my warning will go away soon!

EmilysDad replied on 14/12/2019 20:39

Posted on 14/12/2019 14:20 by KevinParker

I have just had my front tyres changed and can confirm the valves have a large block behind them, this is the tyre pressure sensor. So it’s not a function of the abs system, it’s actual pressure. Hopefully my warning will go away soon!

Posted on 14/12/2019 20:39

From what I've picked up, the TPMS on these vehicles is programmed to alarm at a pre-determined pressure so will always look for a specific pressure to alarm at ... driving won't make any difference unless the low pressure threshold can be altered 🤔

rayjsj replied on 28/12/2019 21:57

Posted on 28/12/2019 21:57

I thankfully dont have aTPMS fitted to my 2014 Fiat Autotrail, but IF I did, and it could not be adjusted by ME the operator and owner of the vehicle to the correct alarm level for the correct running pressures, Then at the next tyre removal the sensors would be removed and an adjustable commercial and more importantly user adjustable system  fitted instead. and the unadjustable alarm.....disabled permanently.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook