2017 Peugeot boxer low tyre pressure warning lamp

dougA replied on 12/03/2018 19:49

Posted on 12/03/2018 19:49

Hi I reduced my tyre pressure on my Peugeot for a softer ride. As the warning light comes on I have increased the tyre pressure back to where they were but the warning light and info on the dash still shows low tyre pressure.

i have looked everywhere for a reset button and then n the menu to reset but I am unable to find anything.

Does anyone know how I reset the tyre warning light so it goes off?

doug

DavidKlyne replied on 29/12/2019 00:21

Posted on 29/12/2019 00:21

They seem to set quite finely. In early December when we had, had a spell of coldish weather, we were on our way to Bladon Chains. About 20 miles into the journey I suddenly got a low pressure warning come up on the dashboard. I pulled into a layby fearing I had a puncture. There was nothing obvious so I took the wheel trim off and checked the pressure. It was 1.5 PSI below the recommended! I added some air which turned the warning off and it was OK for the rest of the journey. The days were quite cold during our stay so I checked a couple of times and all seemed well. No problems on the way home and I have also driven it a short distance near home with no further issues and pressure has remained stable. The tyre in question I did remember that I had to previously reduce the pressure because it was too high so I probably let too much air out on that occasion?

David

Apperley replied on 29/12/2019 14:47

Posted on 29/12/2019 14:47

You might say it's an urban myth but my 'know everything about vehicles' brother-in-law said turn the ignition on and off 10 times and it should reset. I've done this twice now and it seems to work for me on my Peugeot. 

Mesmer replied on 21/04/2022 09:20

Posted on 21/04/2022 09:20

Hi  

A PEUGEOT BOXER WARNING

We have a Bailey Advance motorhome based on a Peugeot Boxer 2018.  This has the TPMS installed and.  Due for its MOT i checked tyre pressures and they were all correct but the low pressure light was on.  I carried on with MOT and to my surprise ‘IT FAILED’. Due to the type pressure indicator being lit.  Tester said he knew the tyres were inflated correctly and he tried for an hour to reset the indicator to no avail.  The way around according to the tester is ( they have done this before ) book vehicle in with Peugeot main agent and have the software reset.  For this the agent wanted £150 to diagnose the issue , even though we all knew what the problem was and then a further cost to address the issue.   

I am now looking for a way to to disengage the monitor as i always check Tyree pressure prior to a journey its not really required.  so be aware that the TPMS indicator being lit on the dash will fail the MOT. Even if tyre pressures are correct,

Regards 

DavidKlyne replied on 21/04/2022 11:44

Posted on 21/04/2022 11:44

Mesmer

Surely the point of a TPMS is to alert you to possible problem en route. If it were switched of you wouldn't have that protection? It might be worth checking a tyre dealer to see if they can recalibrate?

David

Chris and Malc replied on 19/06/2022 12:36

Posted on 19/06/2022 12:36

2017 Peugeot boxer tyre pressure warning light flashes for a minute then remains solid, i have  fully diagnosed  and fixed this problem  i can help if if any one else has this conundrum, in my case this was the tyre pressure electronic control unit receiver which required replacement.

TomHiggi replied on 17/10/2022 21:00

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:00

New Motorhome owner of an Elddis Autoquest 196. Picked up 4th October 2022 and made approx 14 miles before a warning regarding tyre pressure appeared and cleared before able to fully read and a flashing low tyre pressure lamp came on that then went permanently on. The centre of the dash warning then came on again which was " Tyre pressure monitoring unavailable". After checking tyres were ok contacted dealer who advised that this was a Peugeot fault. Booked into local dealer and was informed by reception that they had dealt with a similar fault that required an update to the software and that my system could not " see" the wheels. The cure went something like this:-

Vehicle had to be charged ( not sure what this meant as battery was new)                                 New soft ware had to be downloaded from France                                                                      This then had to be downloaded to my vehicle and a test run with a computer connected to the vehicle and the vehicle driven at 50mph so the TPMS could learn that it had 4 wheels and their tyre pressures.                                                                              Only driven the motorhome back to its base, about 5 miles and the fault is clear. Just to add my vehicle is now known as EL DIS ( translates from Spanish as THE DAY) as the first D fell off on my journey home on the 4th October. Hope this is not a bad omen and I end up rueing the day.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/10/2022 21:17

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:17

While it may be a Peugeot base vehicle issue, the dealer who sold you the vehicle is responsible for getting it sorted out, especially after only 14 miles. They didn’t just sell you the habitation unit but supplied the whole vehicle. If necessary, insist your supplying dealer takes ownership of the problem. Of course, it might suit you to sort it via the Peugeot garage. We had a similar issue with a brand new MH after only covering a few miles and the dealer grudgingly accepted responsibility even though it was a Fiat failure.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook