Electric powered MH 2021

SeasideBill replied on 14/11/2019 19:52

Posted on 14/11/2019 19:49 by redface

Hi S B,

The one thing that puzzles me, with regard to climate warming, is that Ice ages come and go - as they have done - but none of the previous ones have been caused by us lot (humans.)

Now, in between ice ages you have 'warming', so what is different to that natural phenomena this time round?

To me it seems that it is just that we (the human race) are caught up in it, rather than causing it.

Posted on 14/11/2019 19:52

Well, that’s one point of view. I suspect the flat earth society might agree with you!

However, I think it’s important to study the assessment of climate scientists rather than the Daily Express.

Freddy55 replied on 14/11/2019 19:59

Hi S B,

The one thing that puzzles me, with regard to climate warming, is that Ice ages come and go - as they have done - but none of the previous ones have been caused by us lot (humans.)

Now, in between ice ages you have 'warming', so what is different to that natural phenomena this time round?

To me it seems that it is just that we (the human race) are caught up in it, rather than causing it.

Posted on 14/11/2019 19:59

Funnily enough, I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago when this was being discussed. It was stated that the rise in temperatures over the last 50 years, took 20,000 years in the past. To me, there’s no doubt.

mickysf replied on 14/11/2019 20:07

Hi S B,

Posted on 14/11/2019 20:07

Its not the 'natural' rhythms in question, its the very sudden and irrefutable  'additional contributions' to climate change and planet poisoning that are of great concern. These are accelerating the fluctuations and killing eco systems and the fora and fauna within. I'm afraid those additional pressures on climate change and plastic pollution we now witness is pretty much down to us lot! Its now happening in the blink of an eye, a human eye! In 'earth terms' we  really haven't been around that long but we are having a massive impact.

mickysf replied on 14/11/2019 20:23

Posted on 14/11/2019 20:23

Oh, but back on topic, what a lovely looking van. It would make a brilliant camper van. 

I'm also sure that the whole touring industry has to change and I think we are witnessing this club moving with a greener vision albeit slowly. Thing is change is not always appreciated but alway happens in my opinion. 

hitchglitch replied on 14/11/2019 21:44

Posted on 14/11/2019 21:44

As the owner of an EV as our main vehicle I am very much in favour of them but I have to say that we are some way off of having a battery operated motorhome. It will need at least a doubling of current battery energy densities.

mickysf replied on 14/11/2019 22:35

Posted on 14/11/2019 22:35

Hard to believe but back in 1967 it was reported that Britain had more electric/battery vehicles on the roads than the rest of the world put together. Most of these would have been milk floats which had been in profitable and practical service for several decades. Like many things, the wheel goes full circle and is later 'reinvented' as something quite new.surprised

hitchglitch replied on 15/11/2019 14:49

Posted on 14/11/2019 22:35 by mickysf

Hard to believe but back in 1967 it was reported that Britain had more electric/battery vehicles on the roads than the rest of the world put together. Most of these would have been milk floats which had been in profitable and practical service for several decades. Like many things, the wheel goes full circle and is later 'reinvented' as something quite new.surprised

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:49

It is interesting that the electric motor predates the internal combustion engine (ICE). It is almost maintenance free, quiet, extremely efficient and delivers tremendous torque. The snag is the battery to power it which is why billions of dollars have been spent on battery technology.

rayjsj replied on 15/11/2019 15:10

Posted on 13/11/2019 20:42 by DavidKlyne

Love it! I remember the originals! Might just about make a camper?

David

Posted on 15/11/2019 15:10

The Post Office used to use a whole fleet of them, they were very popular. perhaps they will again ?

Not a very big camper though. how much ?

is the crucial question.

brue replied on 15/11/2019 15:29

Posted on 14/11/2019 21:44 by hitchglitch

As the owner of an EV as our main vehicle I am very much in favour of them but I have to say that we are some way off of having a battery operated motorhome. It will need at least a doubling of current battery energy densities.

Posted on 15/11/2019 15:29

A few developments in the pipeline, here's one of them LINK

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook