5g Masts

JVB66 replied on 03/07/2022 10:10

Posted on 03/07/2022 10:10

In our area the company that owns the 3 network are trying to get permission from the LA  planning dept to install Very high masts to overcome it seems the poor signal strength of the 5g. network ,and the areas they want to install these monsters,are not considered by the company just hoping it seems there will be nil or little opposition ,

So be warned as the applications and letters to local residents are very few ,it is only by word of mouth from neighbours,that they are coming to light,

One application near us was very near a primary school

Another was in a conservation area ,and was onl picked up by the local history society,

Moderator Comment - This is not a Story! Moved to General Chat

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 05/07/2022 15:49

Posted on 05/07/2022 14:36 by JVB66

So it is not just the TV pictures,

A reason I no longer drive at night after my last visit to the optician 

Posted on 05/07/2022 15:49

What is not just the TV pictures, you need to expand on that if you want an answer JV🤷🏻‍♂️

davetommo replied on 05/07/2022 21:08

Posted on 04/07/2022 15:14 by Takethedogalong

Speaking as one who has happily enjoyed a TV signal from two of the highest structures in England, namely Emley Moor and Holme Moss, then progress needs to continue. I am sure windmills were possible considered witchcraft, child killers, disease spreaders back in the 1300’s by some. But the vast amount of folks just needed the flour to survive.

I came across a huge project happening near where we live, quite by accident the other day. Part of the TPT near Dunford Bridge has been diverted, must have cost thousands to do. Reason? National Grid are at last taking down the unsightly pylons and everything is going underground. Progress.

Posted on 05/07/2022 21:08

Will the unsightly pylons be replaced with 5g masts

Cherokee2015 replied on 06/07/2022 21:18

Posted on 04/07/2022 12:12 by Metheven

In a similar vein, I have fibre to the house and because KCOM will not share the roads underground ducting, a rival firm 'MS3 network' is going to dig up a whole length of unblemished pavement to lay cables and no planning permission is needed other than to reinstate to council regulations. So we will have a dark tarmacked trench width down an unblemished grey pavement.

Other streets are even worse where underground ducting won't be shared, another fibre firm are installing 5 metre poles and will overhead cable to residents if they wish to change supplier, a backward step, again no planning permission needed. 

Posted on 06/07/2022 21:18

I know which area you live 😉.   It’s the same for us although I don’t have fibre.   Have to say, MS3 are pretty quick with their installations - dig trench, insert and repair trench, job done.   Wonder if their internet provision will be as efficient? 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/07/2022 23:10

Posted on 06/07/2022 23:10

I’m not far from meth & we have BT full fat fibre-there’s just no rhyme nor reason with these B/band folk🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

Takethedogalong replied on 07/07/2022 09:38

Posted on 05/07/2022 21:08 by davetommo

Will the unsightly pylons be replaced with 5g masts

Posted on 07/07/2022 09:38

I have no idea. But as Holme Moss sits over the valley, I suspect that might be aiding communications🤔

HM has been there decades, it’s how Yorkshire gets its TV signal. I am sure the Luddites of the day moaned about it, left druidical offerings to ward off evil spirits, children will not have been allowed within half a mile of it, and farmers will have been compensated for dead lambs, but nowadays it’s a favourite picnic spot, rest spot after a huge cycle climb and all round good viewing platform. Time has eroded its mythical status, and the Luddites of yester-decade are now house bound and glued to Emmerdale🤷‍♀️

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook