2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 16/05/2019 21:42

Posted on 16/05/2019 21:42

Am I mistaken or does the !ist for March look different from the ones in TWs copy? It looks like 2 different months.undecided

nelliethehooker replied on 16/05/2019 21:51

Posted on 16/05/2019 21:51

WN, there's always a difference between the lists published in the magazine and those posted on here by Maddie. As I think that I'm up to date with those from the magazine I'll go thro' the two posted today and see what the differences are.

Wherenext replied on 16/05/2019 21:57

Posted on 16/05/2019 21:57

So presumably those people who only update from the magazine are not getting the full info? Or am I missing something?

nelliethehooker replied on 16/05/2019 22:04

Posted on 16/05/2019 22:04

It's quite strange altogether. I've just looked at those that have closed, 2 had already been listed so by Maddie in March, and one does not appear at all in the site directory, or at least not under Cheltenham as stated. I'll try and add the new ones tomorrow and will perhaps see which I have already input from earlier postings and the magazine. Will update you then. 

Edit. Just found the one I missed listed under Bourton on the Water!!

CLMaddie replied on 17/05/2019 12:16

Posted on 17/05/2019 12:16

Hi All

The Magazine works 2 months in arrears so those sites which we opened in April will appear in the June Magazine. 

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 17/05/2019 15:03

Posted on 17/05/2019 15:03

I realise what you are saying Maddie but the copy of the magazine that TinWheeler reproduced for Nellie's behalf shows only 3 sites as being opened in March yet your list contains 9. So what I am trying to understand is how the magazine only readers would know about the other 6. Have a look at TW's photograph and you will see that the 3 sites listed as new all appear in your March opening list so why have the other 6 not been included in the magazine? Did they appear the month before or the will they be in the next edition? Just trying to work out if some members are not being told about openings which would affect the CLs as well.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/05/2019 21:32

Posted on 17/05/2019 21:32

WN, I've gone thro' Maddies lists and all those in the April section are new, ie not present in the current SD, although a couple of them are sites that have reopened, The Homestead and Brookfields. As for the March list, 5 are new sites, 3 are those from the magazine as per TW's photo and one is a site that was already in the SD but had closed earlier this year.

However it's good to see new CLs opening, but I'm afraid that we shall not be visiting quite a few of them.....not at £20 pn!!surprised

Wherenext replied on 18/05/2019 13:34

Posted on 17/05/2019 21:32 by nelliethehooker

WN, I've gone thro' Maddies lists and all those in the April section are new, ie not present in the current SD, although a couple of them are sites that have reopened, The Homestead and Brookfields. As for the March list, 5 are new sites, 3 are those from the magazine as per TW's photo and one is a site that was already in the SD but had closed earlier this year.

However it's good to see new CLs opening, but I'm afraid that we shall not be visiting quite a few of them.....not at £20 pn!!surprised

Posted on 18/05/2019 13:34

Thanks Nellie but it seems that those members who rely solely on the magazine for their information are not being kept informed of all new sites that are being opened. Not Maddie's fault, I know but if what I am saying is true then both members and the new CLs are missing out.

I think £20 pn is the new £15. The same thought crossed my mind. I think out of those that are charging this there was one that could reasonably justify it on the basis of what they are supplying.

replied on 18/05/2019 13:59

Posted on 18/05/2019 13:59

Thanks Nellie but it seems that those members who rely solely on the magazine for their information are not being kept informed of all new sites that are being opened

I know nothing but Maddie said magazine was 2 months behind? 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook