2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

replied on 18/05/2019 19:06

Posted on 18/05/2019 19:06

Lost me at the first Corner WN. 

Wherenext replied on 18/05/2019 19:19

Posted on 18/05/2019 19:06 by

Lost me at the first Corner WN. 

Posted on 18/05/2019 19:19

Basically, TWs photo of the magazine and Maddies list for March should be the same. They do contain a few of the same CLs in the new section and closed but there are gaps in the magazine. I am trying to determine why.

CholseyGrange replied on 18/05/2019 21:10

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:10

NEW CL Goodleigh Hill CL - A brand new CL on the network, and what a cracker!  A short walk into the lovely town of Pershore in Worcestershire.

Very generously sized hardstanding fully-serviced pitches with WiFi.

I visited this CL last week.  Gina and Matthew Horton have thought of everything and are fabulous hosts to boot. They also run a very nice B&B, so if you have friends you'd like to join you but don't have a van, they can.

See their website where you can book online. Adults only. No loos or showers, but everything else you could ever need for a visit to Pershore and the surrounding area.

Tinwheeler replied on 18/05/2019 21:15

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:15

What a shame they decided to impose minimum night stays which is completely contrary to the ethos of touring.  That's also my gripe with C&CC so, Goodleigh, sorry but I'm out.😕

It's also rather pricey for a non-facility CL. Non-fac club sites are cheaper.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/05/2019 21:17

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:10 by CholseyGrange

NEW CL Goodleigh Hill CL - A brand new CL on the network, and what a cracker!  A short walk into the lovely town of Pershore in Worcestershire.

Very generously sized hardstanding fully-serviced pitches with WiFi.

I visited this CL last week.  Gina and Matthew Horton have thought of everything and are fabulous hosts to boot. They also run a very nice B&B, so if you have friends you'd like to join you but don't have a van, they can.

See their website where you can book online. Adults only. No loos or showers, but everything else you could ever need for a visit to Pershore and the surrounding area.

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:17

As CY said for that sort of price one would expect there to be toilets and showers provided. They won't be getting my trade either.

replied on 18/05/2019 21:31

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:15 by Tinwheeler

What a shame they decided to impose minimum night stays which is completely contrary to the ethos of touring.  That's also my gripe with C&CC so, Goodleigh, sorry but I'm out.😕

It's also rather pricey for a non-facility CL. Non-fac club sites are cheaper.

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:31

I don't think two nights minimum at the weekend is that bad personally. I don't generally use CLs but do on occasion. Looking at their website I would pay £20 if they maintain apparent standard although shy of some tree planting or bushes

Tinwheeler replied on 18/05/2019 21:36

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:36

Two nights at weekends is only part of the story - 

"£20 per night per pitch, minimum stay of two nights at weekends and three at bank holidays and July/August"

It’s not for me.

Wherenext replied on 18/05/2019 21:45

Posted on 18/05/2019 21:45

It does rather make you wonder why, as a new business enterprise, they should start by excluding possible customers. We were on a site in Okehampton recently that had 4 Motorhomes pass through at various times of our 1 week stay that only stayed the 1 night but the pitch was used that would, or maybe would have, remained unoccupied. Still it is their business and they have made a conscious decision. I wish any new CL good luck but can't see myself staying there as there alternatives.

Johnny57 replied on 19/05/2019 10:01

Posted on 19/05/2019 10:01

It's great to see new CLs joining the diminishing network! Welcome Goodleigh Hill CL
I tend to agree with Wherenext. As a CL owner when I started 5 years ago I did not want to exclude any possible visitors so did not impose minimum stays, deposits, adults only or no dogs (& still don’t). Being centrally located I have found that you do get motorhomes breaking there journeys north-south and east-west and viceversa. for a night. Some of these have returned for longer stays
As you say it is up to the owner how they run their business, diversity is a good thing!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook