2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 20/08/2019 10:03

Posted on 19/08/2019 17:15 by Wherenext

Finally getting around to updating my SD.

Went to delete the one at Weston-Super-Mare and the SD book just says "Turn to Page 152" What's that all about? Has W-S-M been deleted completely and replaced by Bromyard Downs? Eventually tracked it down to North Somerset. 

I think someone has too much time on their hands at the printers.smile

Posted on 20/08/2019 10:03

Hi Wherenext,

Well spotted, sorry about that mistake, i have added the site number and page number in the SD for this site in my original post. 

I'll also highlight this error to the team who put the SD together so we can make sure it is corrected for the next SD. 

Thanks

Maddie

nelliethehooker replied on 20/08/2019 20:15

Posted on 20/08/2019 20:15

Maddie following on from WN post...In the SD why is North Somerset listed under "N" and not "S" whereas each of the Yorkshire Ridings are consecutive, as in East, North, South, West, under "Y", and both East and West Sussex are consecutive under "S"?

Takethedogalong replied on 21/08/2019 11:27

Posted on 21/08/2019 11:27

While you are explaining Geography to SD folks Maddie, there’s no such County as Bridgend Wales either, there’s just Bridgend, a town. I also note no Avon, just Bristol, another town.

Does Avon still exist? Or is it just Bristol? 😁

brue replied on 21/08/2019 11:47

Posted on 21/08/2019 08:41 by cyberyacht

Why is Somerset even split in two?

Posted on 21/08/2019 11:47

Worse than that it's split into six...

South Somerset (where I live)

South West & Taunton

Sedgemoor

Mendip District

Bath & NE Somerset Unitary

N Somerset Unitary

In amongst that lot are some very nice CLs!

andeeh replied on 21/08/2019 14:33

Posted on 21/08/2019 11:27 by Takethedogalong

While you are explaining Geography to SD folks Maddie, there’s no such County as Bridgend Wales either, there’s just Bridgend, a town. I also note no Avon, just Bristol, another town.

Does Avon still exist? Or is it just Bristol? 😁

Posted on 21/08/2019 14:33

Sorry but you are wrong. Bridgend is a county these days laughingsee https://www.bridgend.gov.uk/ & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_government_in_Wales#Preserved_counties_of_Wales

Takethedogalong replied on 21/08/2019 16:06

Posted on 21/08/2019 14:33 by andeeh

Sorry but you are wrong. Bridgend is a county these days laughingsee https://www.bridgend.gov.uk/ & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_government_in_Wales#Preserved_counties_of_Wales

Posted on 21/08/2019 16:06

My sincere apologies, how wrong could I be!😁 Complicated these Welsh Counties. But the Bridgend CL sounds very nice, one to consider when next in area. πŸ‘

andeeh replied on 21/08/2019 16:09

Posted on 21/08/2019 16:06 by Takethedogalong

My sincere apologies, how wrong could I be!😁 Complicated these Welsh Counties. But the Bridgend CL sounds very nice, one to consider when next in area. πŸ‘

Posted on 21/08/2019 16:09

Indeed they are complicated! And possibly not a county for much longer anyway if the WAG gets it's way, the post office haven't got the county I live in (Caerphilly) right yet following the last lot of changes undecided.

The Bridgend CL is on my list to visit as soon as the opportunity arises, looks really nice.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook