2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 09/07/2019 16:10

Posted on 09/07/2019 16:10

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in June

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site

Sites opened in JUNE

Sites closed in JUNE

• East Sussex - Battle - Irelands Farm
  • Kent - Dartford - Nurstead Hill farm
  • Kent - Dartford - Manor Farm
  • Kent - Paddock Wood - Newbridge Park
  • Lancashire - Kirkham - Birley Arms
  • Lincolnshire - Sleaford - Wellwood Farm
  • Norfolk - Kings Lynn - Clear View
  • Somerset - Bridgwater - Manor Farm
  • West Sussex - Haywards Heath - Great Bentley Farm

Thanks

Maddie

mummypig1 replied on 09/07/2019 23:06

Posted on 09/07/2019 23:06

We’ve finally made it to the new CL list Cherry Cottage CL as members we have built our dream CL please take a look. 

EHU, 2 Hardstanding pitches, 3 grass pitches all level,  toilet and laundry room.  

Dogs welcome - dog walk on site and walks direct from site.  Dog friendly pub you can walk to. 

On main bus route but away from main road.  

All for £15 a night.

We currently have availability throughout the summer.  

Wherenext replied on 12/07/2019 14:26

Posted on 12/07/2019 14:26

Updating my SD. Just a couple of points.

On the opened section, 4 of the new ones are non EHU. Fair enough. Interesting that most opt for a fairly decent starting price of £8 whereas the Kent one chooses £12. (Always found the South East to be an expensive place to stay. Same as Anglesey.)

I already have Townend of Shutterflat in my SD. Did they leave and then rejoin? Finally, Tissington C&MH site has a couple of reviews that would indicate that they have been a site for some time yet. Did they also leave and have now rejoined?

On the Closed section Newbridge Park can be found under Tonbridge, but I already have it as closed.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/07/2019 19:26

Posted on 12/07/2019 19:26

WN, the closure of Newbridge Pk was in the July edition of the club's magazine, Townend looks as if it has reopened as I've it marked off as being closed in May on CT. It sometimes happen that sites that appear to have just opened have in fact come up on a search and have been open for a short while before publication and have had visitors during that period hence the reviews.The reviews could of course have been done by friends of the site owner, as well as being members of the CC, and have used the site before it has received official recognition and inclusion in the list, and only submitted the reviews once the site appeared on the web site listing.

Oneputt replied on 02/08/2019 08:29

Posted on 02/08/2019 08:29

Lot of CL closures in this months magazine.  Sad to see that Upper Bushford, Pembrokeshire is amongst them.  This was a lovely site a few miles from the Skomer embarkation point.  Stayed their twice last year

Merve replied on 02/08/2019 18:38

Posted on 02/08/2019 08:44 by cyberyacht

Yes, the CL network continues to shrink. When I first joined the then CC, it was IIRC about double its present size.

Posted on 02/08/2019 18:38

Couldn’t agree more Cyber- for me 7 offgrid sites close and 3 open-  not good! The only plus was one in Norfolk near Holt and one in Dorset near Bridport. If we understood the reason for this shrinking perhaps we could do something about it. The club really should now get actively involved in promoting CLs and try to save this diminishing resource. I know that one of them has transferred to the C&CC because they were not happy with the ‘treatment ‘ they received from the club. The truth will out! 

thebells replied on 03/08/2019 21:03

Posted on 03/08/2019 21:03

From the "closed" section it may be worth googling the site itself, as in my experience some have simply left the Caravan Club and are going it alone.

2 examples are Fowberry Farm near Bamburgh and Low Hedgeley Farm both in Northumberland.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook