2020 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 15/01/2020 10:15

Posted on 15/01/2020 10:15

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2020. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January list will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 13/07/2020 14:43

Posted on 13/07/2020 14:43

Hi Nellie

At present was are working very hard to catch up on all existing applications as well as finding out from existing CL's what their plans are for this year. 

Any brand new CL sites are getting added to the website as soon as possible but I will not be able to provide a list at the time being. 

I am hoping to be in a better position to do this in the next couple of weeks. 

Thanks

Maddie

nelliethehooker replied on 13/07/2020 19:55

Posted on 13/07/2020 19:55

Thanks Maddie. I realize it must be a busy time for you, but how are we to know what new sites have been added to the list without having to go through the whole lot and compare it to the SD? I've recently done that exercise and it took me quite a few hours. 

Forest Gate replied on 14/07/2020 11:10

Posted on 12/02/2020 16:23 by cyberyacht

Seventeen closures and only two new. Is the writing on the wall for CLs? cry

Posted on 14/07/2020 11:10

Only just come across this thread.

Having recently (re) joined the Club I have noticed a number of CL's on the online map and website that are not in the book.

It would seem that there are new CL sites opening, (we are taking advantage of a couple in the coming months), but the book was printed too far in advance for inclusion.

Mike Burlingham replied on 14/07/2020 22:43

Posted on 14/07/2020 22:43

Forest Gate Caravanner reports noticing "a number of CL's on the online map and website that are not in the book".

I have encountered a problem online. It involves CLs that have presumably closed.

As an illustration, if you look at the map of sites and CLs, near Ayr in Scotland you will see Glendell CL, Auchenwynd CL and Catrine House CL. If you try to open the Catrine House page directly from the map, you will be taken to the Login page with no explanation. Alternatively, if you open the page for Glendell CL or Auchenwynd CL, you will find a link to Catrine House CL at the foot of the page. Clicking on this link will also take you to the Login page without explanation.

When removing CLs from the site, Maddie, your Webmaster is not clearing out all the links. This makes for broken searches which makes this part of your website "user unfriendly". 

Forest Gate replied on 15/07/2020 10:30

Posted on 14/07/2020 22:43 by Mike Burlingham

Forest Gate Caravanner reports noticing "a number of CL's on the online map and website that are not in the book".

I have encountered a problem online. It involves CLs that have presumably closed.

As an illustration, if you look at the map of sites and CLs, near Ayr in Scotland you will see Glendell CL, Auchenwynd CL and Catrine House CL. If you try to open the Catrine House page directly from the map, you will be taken to the Login page with no explanation. Alternatively, if you open the page for Glendell CL or Auchenwynd CL, you will find a link to Catrine House CL at the foot of the page. Clicking on this link will also take you to the Login page without explanation.

When removing CLs from the site, Maddie, your Webmaster is not clearing out all the links. This makes for broken searches which makes this part of your website "user unfriendly". 

Posted on 15/07/2020 10:30

I've had that issue too Mike. It's very frustrating as is not having the numbers of the sites which are in the book and paper map but which are not shown on the online map or listings.

We have recently re-joined the Club after a 5 year absence but I have to say I'm not sure the website has improved much in that time. I don't know if it's the same for others but I find it incredibly slow and clunky!

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2020 20:56

Posted on 15/07/2020 20:56

Mike Burlingham, when I was checking through the Site Directory recently, Catrine House was one of the sites present in the directory that did not appear on the web site, as you say, so I guess that the site has only recently closed. I think the reason that the map has yet caught up to actual situation is because some of the staff at HO have been furloughed, although I do agree t hat it is about time that map and website tallied.

Mike Burlingham replied on 15/07/2020 23:01

Posted on 15/07/2020 20:56 by nelliethehooker

Mike Burlingham, when I was checking through the Site Directory recently, Catrine House was one of the sites present in the directory that did not appear on the web site, as you say, so I guess that the site has only recently closed. I think the reason that the map has yet caught up to actual situation is because some of the staff at HO have been furloughed, although I do agree t hat it is about time that map and website tallied.

Posted on 15/07/2020 23:01

Thanks, Nellie. Catrine House was just one example. I found the same problem with two or three other CLs.

I also manage a website and appreciate that change, or configuration, control is not easy. However, if you do not sweep up all the associated changes at the same time, you end up with glitches like this that can irritate or annoy the users.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/07/2020 20:19

Posted on 16/07/2020 20:19

Mike, I try to make sure that my Site Directory is as up to date as possible with the changes listed on here and in the club's magazine, but I found 30 that had closed during lockdown, and there'd been no notifications so I guess that these could be the ones still showing on the map, although I've not checked that.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/07/2020 21:43

Posted on 16/07/2020 21:43

Maddie, I see that the total of CLs on the web site has risen again, to 2183, but how many are actually open ( not including those closed this year because of the virus) as there are at least 5 that are showing "Site temporarily Closed pending certification renewal"?

harryb replied on 16/08/2020 17:19

Posted on 03/02/2020 11:38 by Johnny57

Hi Maddy
Now its the new year what about an update on this CL is it just listed to keep the CL numbers inflated ! 
It has been sometime that this site has been listed as “not taking bookings for 2018 and will only reopen in 2019 as the CL owners are currently upgrading the site. “ https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/wales/pembrokeshire/haverfordwest/atlantic-view/

Posted on 16/08/2020 17:19

The quoted post was from page 1 in Feb

Maddie reported that this site was being upgraded and others replied that the price before the upgrade of £25 without ehu was expensive.

I've just been looking through Pembrokeshire and found this site has reopened. 

Looks like the only upgrade is ehu points. 

Merve asked what the price would be after the upgrade. Well, wait for it, £35 per night + £2 per awning. and you are still pitched on grass. 

The site write up by the owner is poor with no photos so doesn't instill a desire to go and the last site review was in 2014 and even then the review said it was expensive. Also the website link takes you to a web page which only mentions self catering apartments, there is no mention of caravans. 

So all in all not a very welcoming announcement to his site.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook