2020 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 15/01/2020 10:15

Posted on 15/01/2020 10:15

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2020. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January list will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

nelliethehooker replied on 17/08/2020 20:05

Posted on 17/08/2020 20:05

Maddie, I see that the total of CL's that are open has now risen to 2214, which is a grand situation considering that it had fallen to 2165. Could you please publish the list of all the new ones that have opened since your last list in February. You did say that we would be getting an update in a couple of weeks 4 weeks ago.

harryb replied on 17/08/2020 21:43

Posted on 17/08/2020 20:05 by nelliethehooker

Maddie, I see that the total of CL's that are open has now risen to 2214, which is a grand situation considering that it had fallen to 2165. Could you please publish the list of all the new ones that have opened since your last list in February. You did say that we would be getting an update in a couple of weeks 4 weeks ago.

Posted on 17/08/2020 21:43

Patience NTH You can't visit them all at once. wink

nelliethehooker replied on 18/08/2020 19:59

Posted on 17/08/2020 21:43 by harryb

Patience NTH You can't visit them all at once. wink

Posted on 18/08/2020 19:59

But I can make a brave attempt!!😁 It's just that I'd hate to miss a new one in an area I'd like to visit and where CLs are sparce.

InaD replied on 18/08/2020 22:56

Posted on 16/08/2020 17:19 by harryb

The quoted post was from page 1 in Feb

Maddie reported that this site was being upgraded and others replied that the price before the upgrade of £25 without ehu was expensive.

I've just been looking through Pembrokeshire and found this site has reopened. 

Looks like the only upgrade is ehu points. 

Merve asked what the price would be after the upgrade. Well, wait for it, £35 per night + £2 per awning. and you are still pitched on grass. 

The site write up by the owner is poor with no photos so doesn't instill a desire to go and the last site review was in 2014 and even then the review said it was expensive. Also the website link takes you to a web page which only mentions self catering apartments, there is no mention of caravans. 

So all in all not a very welcoming announcement to his site.

Posted on 18/08/2020 22:56

That CL must take 1st prize for being the most expensive CL, wow, £35 + £2 for an awning, and according to the reviews, it also cost 50p for a shower in 2014.  Perhaps that's also gone up in price.

It could be that with all the staycationers this year, the owner thinks he can make a killing while it lasts.  Think he may be in for a surprise though.......

CLMaddie replied on 24/08/2020 13:17

Posted on 24/08/2020 13:17

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I would like to apologise for the delay in making this post, since returning back from furlough the CL's department has been working extremely hard to get the network up and running again as well as opening new sites. 

Below I have provided the list of sites opened and closed since March. I will be posting them in the order of month.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site

Please note there are three sites with an * next to them which were closed and then reopened.

Sites opened in MARCH

Sites closed in MARCH

• Anglesey - Benllech - Llwydiarth Esgob
  • Bristol - Bristol - Hayfields Caravan Park*
  • Carmarthenshire - Carmarthen - Towy Valley CL
  • Cornwall - Penzance - Bowgyheere Farm
  • Cumbria - Coniston - The Church House Inn*
  • Denbighshire - Llangollen - Rhoslydan
  • Derbyshire - Melbourne - Hill Byre
  • Devon - Honiton - The Grazing Cow
  • Devon - Kingsbridge - Cuttery Farm
  • Dorset - Dorchester - Long Bredy Farm
  • Dumfries & Galloway - Stranraer - South Port o'Spittal*
  • East Riding of Yorkshire - Driffield - Gatehouse Farm
  • Gwynedd - Abersoch - Rhedyn
  • Gwynedd - Abersoch - Tan-y-Bryn
  • Gwynedd - Abersoch - Tyddyn Peiswyn
  • Kent - Biddenden - Cackle Hill Lakes
  • Lancashire - Blackpool - Old Mill House
  • Lincolnshire - Horncastle - Glebe Farmhouse
  • Lincolnshire - Spalding - Woodlands Park
  • Norfolk - Attleborough - Old Buckenham Country Park
  • Norfolk - Harleston - Ducksfoot Farm
  • Northamptonshire - Daventry The Bungalow
  • Pembrokeshire - Newport - Westland West
  • Pembrokeshire - Saundersfoot - Cwmwrath Farm
  • Pembrokeshire - Tenby - Foxcombe House
  • Shropshire - Bridgnorth - Woodspring Farm
  • Somerset - Minehead - The Tom Stewart Field
  • South Yorkshire - Doncaster - Misterton Golf Driving Range
  • Staffordshire - Stafford - Granary Farm
  • Warwickshire - Southam - Malvern Hall Farm
  • Wrexham - Wrexham - LLandegla Trout and Coarse Fishery
  • Wrexham - Wrexham - Stansty Park Estates

Sites opened in APRIL

Site closed in APRIL

• Cheshire - Chester - Landsdowne Road
  • Northumberland - Longframlington - The Wynd
  • Northumberland - Morpeth - Rashercap Farm
  • West Yorkshire - Hebden Bridge - The Parrock

Sites opened in JUNE

Sites closed in JUNE

• Lincolnshire - Lincoln - Bridge Farm
  • Oxfordshire - Witney - Hill Grove Farm
  • Somerset - Burnham on sea - Becks Farm
  • Staffordshire - Lichfield - Chorley Springs Fishery

Sites opened in JULY

Sites closed in JULY

• Buckinghamshire - Milton Keynes - Milford Leys
  • Cardiff - Caerphilly - Gellideg Uchaf Farm
  • Hampshire - Fareham - Arden
  • Herefordshire - Hereford - Pentwyn Farm (HR2 0AP)
  • Highlands - Thurso - Sealladh Na Mara
  • Lancashire - Blackpool - Laithes Lodge
  • Norfolk - Dereham - Penny Meadows
  • North Yorkshire - Pickering - Keld Knowle
  • North Yorkshire - Ripon - Oak Tree House
  • North Yorkshire - Thirsk - Castle Lodge
  • Oxfordshire - Thame - Coombe Farm

Thanks

Maddie

nelliethehooker replied on 01/09/2020 20:56

Posted on 01/09/2020 20:56

Hi Maddie. I've just a few queries with regards to the lists you've just supplied. Working down the list :-

The Malt Shovel and Hayfields CP  although reopened are still showing their pitch prices from 2016, surely they will have supplied HO with their current prices.

Although not important, I don't think, I can't find either Towy Valley CL or The Grazing Cow in the 2019/20 Site Directory. Has there been some sort of mix up there?

The Bungalow at Daventry is still showing as open on the CL web page.

Barn House Retreat is showing as £15 pn in the Sept magazine but £17:50 on the web, which is correct?

Callow Farm, Whitney is not showing on the web page, do you know if it is is closed as there's been no notification for it closing, I think.

Puddle Cottage, Blackpool and Granary Farm Stafford are another couple of CLs that have recently closed and have reopened, and are still showing their 2016 pitch prices. I note that all the reviews for Granary Farm are not showing. Is that because they were unfavourable, because when we visited it the site was dire and nothing like the current photo?

harryb replied on 23/10/2020 17:43

Posted on 23/10/2020 17:43

Can we have an update of this post please.

There has been a post today on Facebook that the club have to date opened 74 cl's in 2020 and in another post 8 of those have been chosen to be listed on that post to view.

Looking back at the sites listed by Maddie on here there are a total of 37. That is exactly half of the total stated.

Not everyone is a fan of FB and the new book is some way off so it isn't fair to members or even cl owners that they haven't been published for a lot more members to see.

It must be just as easy to add the list on here as it is on FB

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook