CL Prices not always up to date on Club website

lagerorwine replied on 03/02/2021 10:48

Posted on 03/02/2021 10:48

If the 2021/22 Handbook shows the correct latest prices charged by CLs, why is the Club website showing out of date prices - obviously the club has the information, as its in the handbook.

Example - Hall Croft CL, Ilkley, West Yorkshire (just booked a few days) - book shows £20 which is correct, but the Club website shows £15 

Surely, when the information is available for printing, the website should be updated at the same time?

JVB66 replied on 08/02/2021 09:42

Posted on 07/02/2021 20:36 by allanandjean

Whilst not exactly what the OP asked I have just recalled a conversation with a site warden.

I called in at a popular Lake District site and asked if it was OK to have a look around, which it was.

As I was about to leave I Commented that I hoped to visit sometime but whenever I looked online it was almost always fully booked.

The wardens response was that it was always best to phone as despite what head office may think they could not, and did not, spend all day updating the availability.

I have taken his advice a few times and always got a pitch at either the exact, or close to the, dates wanted.

Posted on 08/02/2021 09:42

I agree as I have posted several times  when there are "complaints "about unable to book pitches phone the site as "it pays to talk"

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2021 20:46

Posted on 24/02/2021 20:46

Well, there's always something new isn't there?

Site Directory book says £16 per night - Website says £18 per night.

So brand new S.D. incorrect. Price shown on website says from 01/04/2020....

😂

BlueFoxFan replied on 11/03/2021 19:05

Posted on 11/03/2021 19:05

Seems quite odd to me.  "Book a Club Site"....but the availability may not be accurate.  "Book a CL".....but the information regarding price may not be up to date.  I'm trying to imagine trying to purchase anything else online, and being advised to ring up to check if stock level displayed is accurate or whether the price displayed is correct, or if it's from several years ago, 

Hja replied on 14/08/2021 20:49

Posted on 14/08/2021 20:49

Just noticed this review about Mellow Farm CL.

"Like most of the CL listing pages Fee's are completely out of date
Its best you ASK The CL owner what the fee's are before you book This CL now charges £14 PN JULY 2021 CL owner said he had asked the club to change the listings fee's but The Caravan club ignores his request It seems majority of other CL owners have the same problem. CL fee's have shot up since lockdown so CHECK BEFORE YOU BOOK !"

Obviously the advice to check before you book is sound, and this is spelt out on the web site.  

However, If the Club are being tardy in updating the individual entries after requests, then this reflects badly on the CLs, which really isnt fair.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook