2021 Travel Plans

replied on 05/09/2020 07:32

Posted on 05/09/2020 07:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 26/01/2021 09:05

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:05

"Late May & June in Belgium & Netherlands was planned for 2020 and re-scheduled for 2021. At 59 & 60 we will not have had vaccinations by then and I doubt the places we want to see will be open, so it's on hold again"

Dont hold your breath undecided

"

The EU has threatened to block exports of coronavirus vaccines to countries outside the bloc such as Britain, after AstraZeneca was accused of failing to give a satisfactory explanation for a huge shortfall of promised doses to member states.

The pharmaceutical company’s new distribution plans were said to be “unacceptable” after it “surprisingly” informed the European commission on Friday that there would be significant shortfalls on the original schedule"

Rufs replied on 26/01/2021 09:14

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:14

Received email from BF and pulled this from the website which could be of interest to those wishing to travel, it looks as though not only do you get 15% discount you also get a sort of flexi ticket at no extra cost.

"

Start planning the summer getaway you’ve all been longing for and save 15% on economy fares on all sailings from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth.

This is the year to rediscover the wonders of France and northern Spain, from the comfort and safety of your own car. On board, there’s plenty of room to roam and only fresh sea air is used in all areas including cabins.

What’s more, for a limited period, we’ve added additional flexibility to our economy fares. Should government restrictions be imposed within 14 days of travel that prevent you from sailing as booked we’ll waive amendment fees enabling you to transfer to a different date or sailing of your choice"

harryb replied on 26/01/2021 09:17

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:17

Interesting reading peoples plans for the year ahead. 

On a BBC news interview this morning the minister for vaccines was asked if the time was right for people to book summer holidays. His reply was, it was to early and it was a much better idea to wait and get the virus under control.

For those that have booked will it change their minds I wonder.

Rufs replied on 26/01/2021 09:24

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:17 by harryb

On a BBC news interview this morning the minister for vaccines was asked if the time was right for people to book summer holidays. His reply was, it was to early and it was a much better idea to wait and get the virus under control.

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:24

Not us, we have BF flexi tickets from 2020 that we just keep moving forward as and when, not under any illusions about taking the caravan any further than perhaps Dorset/Devon/Cornwall, with a month booked in Devon for Sept, which we booked last year as we packed up and left laughing

MikeyA replied on 26/01/2021 09:26

Posted on 25/01/2021 22:36 by Rocky 2 buckets

I’ve never taken mine overseas I just hire one, I’m not that precious😊. SUPs are great fun & very relaxing but they don’t come near a canoe or Kayak👍🏻

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:26

That's why I've got both!  laughing

replied on 26/01/2021 09:36

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:36

allanandjean replied on 26/01/2021 09:52

Posted on 26/01/2021 09:52

Hi Harry, I get the impression that most people with 'bookings' have them as they are carry overs from last year.

We considered a trip last September but, due to the uncertainty around travel restrictions, requirements whist abroad and quarantine requirements on return decided against it.

For us the level of uncertainty now is even greater so we will not be booking anything however, still trying to remain positive and planning what we may be able to do.

I do feel for people who do not have access to the internet as, for me, its the best escape from the grim reality of life currently and allows me to escape to wherever I want to go with just a few clicks.

For the days that I am feeling upbeat I can always come on here to get me back to reality!

harryb replied on 26/01/2021 10:21

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:21

Given the three replies so far it seems as though paying for the upgraded flexi fare is the way to go. Personally I have always gone for the cheapest option in the past but given the circumstances you have now given me food for thought. I started planning over the Christmas break (was there such a thing) but with the new lockdown announcement I gave that up as a non starter. 

I do have a tour of Scotland booked from mid April which was transfered by site owners from 2020. That is now looking doubtful because if my vaccine takes place in early Feb the second dose will be due before the end of the tour.

As A&J say, try to stay positive and something will turn up sometime ahead.

replied on 26/01/2021 10:34

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:21 by harryb

Given the three replies so far it seems as though paying for the upgraded flexi fare is the way to go. Personally I have always gone for the cheapest option in the past but given the circumstances you have now given me food for thought. I started planning over the Christmas break (was there such a thing) but with the new lockdown announcement I gave that up as a non starter. 

I do have a tour of Scotland booked from mid April which was transfered by site owners from 2020. That is now looking doubtful because if my vaccine takes place in early Feb the second dose will be due before the end of the tour.

As A&J say, try to stay positive and something will turn up sometime ahead.

Posted on 26/01/2021 10:34

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook