New travel restrictions for Spain effective 23.11

Oxfordeagle15 replied on 13/11/2020 21:44

Posted on 13/11/2020 21:44

Following issued by FCDO today .... 

"On arrival, travellers entering Spain from the UK will not be required to self-isolate. However, from 23 November, all passengers (including children) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from ‘risk’ countries (the website is in Spanish, the list of ‘at risk’ countries is at the end of the document), as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control will be required to present a negative PCR (swab) test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, in order to enter the country. The UK is currently on the ‘risk’ countries list and passengers arriving from the UK are therefore subject to this requirement"

Considering most crossings take 28 hours or more - this is going to make the obtaining of the PCR nearly impossible to get.  Having spoken to a number of clinics today - most are unable to confirm even a 48 hour turnaround.

Brittany Ferries will find they are sailing empty if they are unable to get a waiver on this which I should imagine is going to be very unlikely.

Looks like anyone thinking of some winter sunshine will have to make alternative plans ... not sure if the requirement also applies to coming by road from France but you probably will need this PCR to enter France anyway once it opens.

Anyone found a way round this?

Wherenext replied on 13/11/2020 21:55

Posted on 13/11/2020 21:55

I read somewhere, amongst all the other gubbins, that Boots are doing a 1 hour turnaround test for about £100 or so. Is there a Boots near ports or airports that could accommodate this?

To be honest it's only an inkling in my mind so best check to see if correct.

Rufs replied on 14/11/2020 08:31

Posted on 14/11/2020 08:31

Anyone found a way round this?

Yes dont travel to Spain, even when you arrive most areas are in lock down of some sorts, so e.g. if you live in the Murcia region you are not allowed to travel out of the region unless you have a valid reason and a signed letter authorising travel. how long this will continue, who knows, but little point in visiting for a holiday just yet, infections rates are still increasing in many areas.

Millcourt replied on 14/11/2020 11:13

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:13

The FCO website also says that you should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test.

peedee replied on 14/11/2020 11:22

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:22

Just been speaking to my brother who lives in Spain and he confrims all the above. In addition there are border checks not only with other countries but also on Spanish internal movements and there are hefty fines if you do not have the right documentation to travel.

peedee

Rufs replied on 14/11/2020 11:33

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:22 by peedee

Just been speaking to my brother who lives in Spain and he confrims all the above. In addition there are border checks not only with other countries but also on Spanish internal movements and there are hefty fines if you do not have the right documentation to travel.

peedee

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:33

Yup, my daughter received a caution for walking the dog after the 23:00hrs curfew, she was watching a film indoors and forgot the time, walked fido round the block and got caught. undecided

Philnffc replied on 15/11/2020 12:50

Posted on 15/11/2020 12:50

The Spanish are actually doing this so you can visit this winter and as long as you prove a negative PCR you can carry on your journey,they are not doing this at the road borders at the moment  because they don't have the men to cover all border crossings.

The two regions of Andalusia and Murcia have municipal restrictions where you can't travel even between municipalities we have friends who are stuck in Mazzaron at the moment but every other region like my own of Valencia you can travel within their borders, so where i live i can't travel 20 minutes south to Murcia but can travel four hours north too Benicassim where i have just spent a lovely week away.

You can get a PCR test here for around the e40 mark which takes just five minutes for the result so may be this is something Brittany ferries need to look into for its passengers.

Phil

Lutz replied on 15/11/2020 13:23

Posted on 15/11/2020 13:23

The travel restrictions that come into force on the 23rd November only apply to entry into Spain by air or sea, not to land crossings via France.

peedee replied on 15/11/2020 13:50

Posted on 15/11/2020 13:50

Lutz, where does it say that. That is not what I have been told or interpret from press articles.

quote:

The Spanish Health Ministry announced this week that Spain will demand a negative PCR test from travelers coming from 60 countries in high coronavirus risk zones. The measure goes into effect on November 23 and will affect residents from most European Union member states.

unquote

I can imagine a future scenario where you will have to carry vacination certification. This used to be the case in my travels in my early years. e.g. Typhoid, cholera etc.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook