Cayton Village

DavidKlyne replied on 08/01/2020 15:47

Posted on 08/01/2020 15:47

I know not all of you get the regular emails from the Club but I thought I would post a link to the refurbishment of Cayton Village near Scarborough. There are a couple of videos as well. See Link here. We enjoyed our stay there last year although we had some misgivings. However the upgrade looks to address most of those issues.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 08/04/2024 20:14

Posted on 08/04/2024 15:25 by Chelty

Does anyone know if the housing estate building next to the site is now finished ?

Posted on 08/04/2024 20:14

I don't know how reliable Google imagery is but looking at Google Earth with an imagery date of March 2024 it looks as if the estate being built on the triangle of land between the two sections of Cayton Village is about half complete. We were there last year and can't say we were particularly bothered by any noise. I think you could find a pitch some way from the houses, assuming the site was not full.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 16/04/2024 13:29

Posted on 16/04/2024 13:29

Club gives advice that they will be working throughout 2024, and to be aware of dust and noise. That’s from the Check before you go pages.

We we’re there back in November, Staff warned us about the noise, but site was empty, so we had our pick of pitches on the main area. You could hear the plant moving around, from around 8am. Haven’t been since.

GTP replied on 18/04/2024 10:08

Posted on 18/04/2024 10:08

We called in recently for a few days...as TTDA says the site was not busy with only the bottom half open...we had a service pitch behind reception so limited noise from the odd dumper truck banging around....more of a problem from the 'glampers' not being aware of club rules regarding kicking a ball around etc...

And...wait till they start building on the potatoe field...nothing in the planning yet but Ive had a whiff that a developer is very interested

DavidKlyne replied on 18/04/2024 15:54

Posted on 18/04/2024 10:08 by GTP

We called in recently for a few days...as TTDA says the site was not busy with only the bottom half open...we had a service pitch behind reception so limited noise from the odd dumper truck banging around....more of a problem from the 'glampers' not being aware of club rules regarding kicking a ball around etc...

And...wait till they start building on the potatoe field...nothing in the planning yet but Ive had a whiff that a developer is very interested

Posted on 18/04/2024 15:54

I am not sure which is the "potato field", is it the one between the two sections of the Club site and the static park? I suppose its inevitable campsites near to towns and villages will find themselves surrounded by new build housing. Anyone familiar with the Chichester C&CC site will witness the same thing. The real problem is when they want to build on the actual campsites. It looks as if the permission to build on Baltic Wharf as been granted. We lost the Worthing site because the local Council wanted to build more homes on the land occupied by the campsite rather than the original plan which was a smaller site and storage with not so much housing. 

David

GTP replied on 19/04/2024 13:28

Posted on 18/04/2024 15:54 by DavidKlyne

I am not sure which is the "potato field", is it the one between the two sections of the Club site and the static park? I suppose its inevitable campsites near to towns and villages will find themselves surrounded by new build housing. Anyone familiar with the Chichester C&CC site will witness the same thing. The real problem is when they want to build on the actual campsites. It looks as if the permission to build on Baltic Wharf as been granted. We lost the Worthing site because the local Council wanted to build more homes on the land occupied by the campsite rather than the original plan which was a smaller site and storage with not so much housing. 

David

Posted on 19/04/2024 13:28

DK...It is.

flatcoat replied on 19/04/2024 15:29

Posted on 19/04/2024 15:29

If the potato field is allocated for residential development in the Councils Unitary Development Plan (if there is such an adopted document) then development is almost inevitable. If the site is NOT allocated OR is designated green belt, the chances of development are less. However I believe Clayton may come under the new North Yorkshire Combined Authority. They are progressing a new ‘Local Plan’ and going through the ‘call for sites’ stage. It is possible such land may be promoted for development through that process. It does however take a number of years to conclude. The likely new government we will have in the coming months may also upend the current process. However, once a site is allocated it is too late to object to the principal of development. Any objections can only address relative minor aspects. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook