Email regarding price increases

JillwithaJay replied on 21/03/2022 15:11

Posted on 21/03/2022 15:11

Anybody received this yet?

"We look forward to welcoming you shortly on our UK Club campsites.

Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to give you advance notice that we’ll be making a small increase to our UK Club campsite prices for stays between 5 April 2022 and 3 January 2023 inclusive.

The unfortunate and sad events which have engulfed the world in recent weeks have meant worldwide electricity costs have increased exponentially. In fact the Club's electricity costs are forecast to increase by an unprecedented amount of around 50% this year.

The fairest way for the Club to manage the rising cost of energy required to run our UK Club campsites is for all members to pay a little bit extra when staying with us this year. This small price increase will support the Club in the face of the rising cost of energy and also help ensure that we can continue to reinvest in improving the UK Club campsite network.

What this means for you:

The increase will be between 70p and £2.50 per night depending on the season and the campsite you are planning to stay on. These calculations are based on a standard touring pitch and two adults.
From 5 April 2022 you’ll be able to see the exact new price you’ll pay by logging into ‘My profile’ and clicking on the ‘My UK Sites Bookings’ section.

There’s no need for you to do anything, on arrival at the campsite you will be charged the appropriate amount.

We appreciate this price increase will not be welcomed, however we would like to share that members have saved over £12.5 million on stays at our UK Club campsite network since July 2020, as the Club passed on the full Government VAT rate saving to members.

We need your support to ensure our wonderful Club can continue to operate all of our amazing campsites at the same high standards during the busy summer season and into the winter, when we expect utility costs to rise further.

What can you do to help:

Below are a few hints and tips to help reduce the cost of electricity usage when you are staying on one of our campsites.

If you have a solar unit on your outfit please use it as much as possible
Make sure indoor and outside lights, any heating appliances and electrical equipment are all turned off when you go out for the day and overnight
We want members to enjoy many holidays with the Club this year, so thank you for your continued loyalty and support, and we wish you an enjoyable 2022 season of touring.

Best wishes
The Caravan and Motorhome Club"

Takethedogalong replied on 06/08/2022 21:36

Posted on 06/08/2022 21:36

Aye, we are two and a dog as well. Have a great time, it’s a lovely area. We have stayed at Garlieston, many years ago. We toured around this time in our small MH, luckily finding some very good Aire type stopovers, which made it really cheap for us. We did have four lovely nights on a £20 per night CL as well, so you can tell how cheap some of our nights were £0-£20. All legal, no wild camping👍

Cymro66 replied on 07/08/2022 20:23

Posted on 25/06/2022 09:47 by DaveH

Yes, got the email. Wasn't happy that prices on already booked sites would be increased so started to look for alternative sites as the increase per night was more than my total spend on electricity on a private metered site recently. Obviously on club sites I am subsidising other users who have much higher usage than me. Having used meters on several occasions it is my preferred method, even in mid winter the most I have paid is less then £2 per night.

Posted on 07/08/2022 20:23

As it happens, over a year ago now, I landed up one day (by some querk) in a telephone conversation with a senior Club member of staff, with me suggesting it was time the Club woke up and recognised that we are facing an environmental climate crisis of epic proportions.

Should the Club therefore move into the 21st century and introduce pitch electric meters, I suggested? It has long irked me that with my small caravan, I am subsidising what I call the 'bungalows on wheels', the size of articulated trucks some of them, which use electricity for a whole range of luxurious uses. I have my own views of these but aside from that, the environmental impact of such rigs makes me shiver.

I've stayed on European sites that have such electric metering and with modern computer technology they work very well. They make caravanners think whether those outside/awning lights on all night are really necessary. And yes those horrendous Xmas illuminations that some absolutely plaster their vans with at certain times of year. And don't call me a miserable so and so. Cause we are on the road to wiping out human life on this planet! 

That member of staff totally dodged my suggestion and diverted the discussion to talking about installing electric car chargers on sites. But didn't mention that meters would be necessary for these! 

So I despair of the Club on these issues. Wake up and do something re this crisis. Limp wristed e-mail responses about increasing energy prices are 100% inadequate for the crisis we face. Face up to the fact that the days of 'to hell with it' energy consumption have to end and the Club needs to ensure those who use their sites who won't face that should pay more for their selfishness.

Apart from anything else, the alternative will be a Caravan Club pricing itself into extinction and helping to take the rest of us with it! 

Twos more then one replied on 08/08/2022 16:41

Posted on 08/08/2022 16:41

How things change, we joined the club because for the price,and quality of  facilities, compared to private sites ,the club was far cheaper, now private sites are less expensive, just as good , and in some cases far better 
Excluding the site mangers; from my recent contact experience of the club ,the club has become top heavy with staff, many that have no real world experience of touring 

Traffic man replied on 15/08/2023 21:28

Posted on 15/08/2023 21:28

Hi we booked in June for August bank holiday in Great Yarmouth to see the family on holiday

just added a extra day and the price has risen we joined caravan and camping much cheaper especially if you are a senior also we are looking at privately owned sites now or 5 van sites for next year 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook