New England Bay non electric pitches

Hja replied on 24/03/2024 21:30

Posted on 24/03/2024 21:30

Any one know what the New England Bay non electric economy pitches are like, please?  We are hoping to return to Dumfries and Galloway in June, wanting to explore the peninsular at the end that we have only briefly visited before.  There is not a huge range of sites in the area, even aires with any facilities. So was looking at the Club site at New England Bay - obviously a great location and the non electric pitches are les than £25 which is not that expensive for the area.  However, I know the Club tends to put such pitches in the worst places, under trees etc!  From the Site map and from Satellite View there seem to be two groups of these pitches, one directly overlooking shore and another lot towards the back of site near some trees but cant work out if they are under the trees - not good for solar!  Has any one who has been to this site any more info?  Many thanks.

eurortraveller replied on 25/03/2024 08:36

Posted on 25/03/2024 08:36

Can’t answer your question but will nevertheless throw in two suggestions.

a) book one of the very few non electric pitches and up grade on arrival if you don’t like it.

b) go to Kings Green at Port William instead.  We always liked it there.

Goldie146 replied on 25/03/2024 09:09

Posted on 25/03/2024 09:09

If it's the same as last year - there's a few non-electric pitches on the front row (no trees there), and farther back past one of the toilet blocks, and I don't remember seeing any trees there. Generally it's a very open site

eurortraveller replied on 25/03/2024 11:53

Posted on 25/03/2024 11:53

Hja, Kings Green at Port William, which I mentioned earlier, has non-electric  pitches for £16 a night - well below the £25 which you thought was reasonable at New England Bay. 

Takethedogalong replied on 25/03/2024 12:06

Posted on 24/03/2024 21:30 by Hja

Any one know what the New England Bay non electric economy pitches are like, please?  We are hoping to return to Dumfries and Galloway in June, wanting to explore the peninsular at the end that we have only briefly visited before.  There is not a huge range of sites in the area, even aires with any facilities. So was looking at the Club site at New England Bay - obviously a great location and the non electric pitches are les than £25 which is not that expensive for the area.  However, I know the Club tends to put such pitches in the worst places, under trees etc!  From the Site map and from Satellite View there seem to be two groups of these pitches, one directly overlooking shore and another lot towards the back of site near some trees but cant work out if they are under the trees - not good for solar!  Has any one who has been to this site any more info?  Many thanks.

Posted on 25/03/2024 12:06

What sort of facilities do you want hja? We toured D&G and used a mix of Aires, forestry stopovers and a very nice CL, and our nightly fees averaged £12.50, that was using a lovely Loch side CL at £25 per night. Happy to help if needed. NEB we passed on a visit to Logan Botanic Gardens, looks a nice open site, with a decent looking beach. Quite a way from anywhere though. We covered the whole of Mull of Kintyre from CL we used, much of it with bikes. 

Edit this is the CL we used, my review is on there. 
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/scotland/dumfries--galloway/stranraer/greenloch-house/

Lots to see and do in immediate area, including Castle Kennedy. We drove round in our MH to get further afield, with no issues. Big car parks at places like Logan.

Hja replied on 25/03/2024 19:55

Posted on 25/03/2024 09:09 by Goldie146

If it's the same as last year - there's a few non-electric pitches on the front row (no trees there), and farther back past one of the toilet blocks, and I don't remember seeing any trees there. Generally it's a very open site

Posted on 25/03/2024 19:55

Thank you for this.

Hja replied on 25/03/2024 19:56

Posted on 25/03/2024 11:53 by eurortraveller

Hja, Kings Green at Port William, which I mentioned earlier, has non-electric  pitches for £16 a night - well below the £25 which you thought was reasonable at New England Bay. 

Posted on 25/03/2024 19:56

Looks a nice site, but unfortunately the wrong side of the bay.

Hja replied on 25/03/2024 20:00

Posted on 25/03/2024 12:06 by Takethedogalong

What sort of facilities do you want hja? We toured D&G and used a mix of Aires, forestry stopovers and a very nice CL, and our nightly fees averaged £12.50, that was using a lovely Loch side CL at £25 per night. Happy to help if needed. NEB we passed on a visit to Logan Botanic Gardens, looks a nice open site, with a decent looking beach. Quite a way from anywhere though. We covered the whole of Mull of Kintyre from CL we used, much of it with bikes. 

Edit this is the CL we used, my review is on there. 
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/scotland/dumfries--galloway/stranraer/greenloch-house/

Lots to see and do in immediate area, including Castle Kennedy. We drove round in our MH to get further afield, with no issues. Big car parks at places like Logan.

Posted on 25/03/2024 20:00

We are just after water and waste disposal.  We are quite happy to stay at aires, did so last year when we explored a different bit of D & G.  We shall probably do an overnight at an aire in Gretna on the way up. We shall drive round in the van, which is why we like to stay at a number of sites. I did spot the one you highlight on S 4 S, was a bit put off by being next to a loch, in June - mozzies! I react badly to their bites. Thanks for your info.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/03/2024 09:11

Posted on 25/03/2024 20:00 by Hja

We are just after water and waste disposal.  We are quite happy to stay at aires, did so last year when we explored a different bit of D & G.  We shall probably do an overnight at an aire in Gretna on the way up. We shall drive round in the van, which is why we like to stay at a number of sites. I did spot the one you highlight on S 4 S, was a bit put off by being next to a loch, in June - mozzies! I react badly to their bites. Thanks for your info.

Posted on 27/03/2024 09:11

Some ideas for you…….. there are two Aire types near Caerlavarock. One is Castle Corner, can accommodate up to 7 outfits, has waste and water, scenic, nice walks/bike rides, picnic tables, and was £5 for night when we stayed, honesty box (laughable how many are so dishonest🤨 we paid for both our nights) you do need to get on by late afternoon, and block off your pitch by some clever parking, otherwise selfish (unprintable) types will simply shoehorn in alongside you. Popular with Swiss during our stay, they arrived mob handed. A couple of miles on is Glendcaple Pier, next door to a very nice deli come eatery. No facilities here, but you could stop off at Castle Corner to dump and refill. The Aire at Kircudbright swimming pool is excellent. Either pay and stop on one of three HS, hook up all facilities pitches, or go onto adjacent park up area 100 metres away for nothing, and pay a small fee to fill up and dump. Lovely 5 minute stroll into a very nice town. There was overnight MH parking allowed at Clatteringshaws Dam, and I think this has waste and fill up, we didn’t stay, only did a walk, so not sure of fees. Make sure you investigate the 7Stanes Forestry Parks as well. Overnight stays for a small overnight fee, others are free. Variable services.

We went in early June, and had no midge issues. I too am super sensitive to bites, usually need prescription medication, but the CL was fine. Photos are Castle Corner, other one is CL, excuse the drying dog towel😁

There’s another pub stopover at the Isle of Whithorn. Field next door to public car park. Not one we used, but think it has services.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook