UK sites with metered electricity

eurortraveller replied on 11/11/2021 09:59

Posted on 11/11/2021 09:59

Can people please post some examples of UK sites where electricity.usage is metered.

The one I know of is Pier Collage on the waterside at Coniston - a family owned site with 15 pitches . The system there is to pay on departure for the amount of electricity used, but other sites sell pre paid cards on arrival, so comments on the different ways of working may be helpful.

Likes and dislikes will inevitably crop up - they always do on here - but I was rather looking for practical ways of working. 

Lysander replied on 18/04/2024 16:58

Posted on 18/04/2024 16:58

I think this is a brilliant discussion.

Please add more metered sites as you find them.

There is a metered CL near Mallow Cove. They have been metering for a long time.

I have to use storage for my caravan so I installed 2 125watt solar panels to keep the AGM battery topped up. AGM's need a slightly higher voltage to reach 100% charge than the standard caravan mains unit supplies.

I found is so effective I installed an inverter with an automatic change over built in to change to mains when the battery goes low or visa versa.

I'm keen to try it out! And I would be happy to pay a reasonable standing charge to help offset the cost of installations.

Hja replied on 18/04/2024 19:39

Posted on 18/04/2024 19:39

a CL near Burg Le Marsh has metered electricity. As does Dakota Park CL also in Lincs. One near Wisbech in Cambs has a set amount in pitch fee then metered.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook