Mrs Wilson

DavidKlyne replied on 28/11/2018 13:21

Posted on 28/11/2018 13:21

After what seems an age of not having any decent series on television the series Mrs Wilson might suit some. It started last night and was the first episode of three. Apparently based on real life events. The story centres around a women who married an older man she worked with. They had  two sons together and there was no indication it was anything other than a happy marriage. However when he died it was discovered that there was another Mrs Wilson and there may be even more! So not a question of finding bodies but wives!!! It could be interesting.

David

replied on 29/11/2018 23:14

Posted on 29/11/2018 23:14

The user and all related content has been deleted

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2018 08:49

Posted on 30/11/2018 08:49

My comments on props was that they POST dated not PRE dated the timeline. 

I wholeheartedly agree that furnishing was, and to me still, is expensive. My mum still has all my parents original furniture with the exception of 3 piece suite, other bits have been added! They married in 1953 and moved into our family home in 1956, when I suspect some of the furniture was bought, if there was spare cash as I arrived within days 😂. The spare double bed, which was dismantled and stored at one point per dates their marriage and may well date back to grandparents early days that would be 1920's (or before) I must ask.

Interesting comment about the lack of soil from the grave.

Next episode Tuesday evening.

Edit the props issue maybe why I prefer radio/audible or reading. The props will be right in my head 😂😂

brue replied on 30/11/2018 16:08

Posted on 30/11/2018 16:08

Just had an hour watching the story on i-player, I didn't notice the "props" so I guess they reflected the changing eras and I thought it was a very good story. I've just been reading up on the actual story and although I now know how the series will pan out the fact that the family are reconciled to their history is quite an achievement, considering the tangled web that was woven. Will look forward to the next programme. smile

DavidKlyne replied on 12/12/2018 09:32

Posted on 12/12/2018 09:32

Well, it ended last night. Whether we know anymore about the main character is still in doubt. It seems he was not a complete Walter Mitty character. There has even been some academic research into him. Some might find this link interesting, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46456654 Maybe leave this until after you have watched the final episode. I thought it a good story but also found a few frustrations with it but perhaps that was bound to be the case?

David 

moulesy replied on 12/12/2018 11:42

Posted on 12/12/2018 11:42

It was a very intriguing story - there was a footnote at the end of the programme saying that even earlier this year the government refused to release any details of his career on the grounds of national security!

trellis replied on 12/12/2018 19:22

Posted on 12/12/2018 19:22

Thoroughly enjoyed the show , no doubt there was poetic licence thrown in .But regarding national security ..the silence speaks volumes.

brue replied on 14/12/2018 23:01

Posted on 14/12/2018 23:01

Watched the final part on i player having read the intriguing write up in the Radio Times earlier (especially the Anthony Blunt bit) so knew the story had been altered, but what a story and well acted too. Nice to think the family have got together, at least something good came out of this gothic tale. 

replied on 16/12/2018 23:18

Posted on 16/12/2018 23:18

The user and all related content has been deleted
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook