Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

ABM replied on 22/05/2023 11:54

Posted on 15/03/2023 21:33 by ABM

Awaiting the " Call " for this years ( 2023 ) Spring Jabbing session --  It appeared on TV  Last w/end as planned for Early April  . Brian just hopes its not being transported on HS2 !!

Posted on 22/05/2023 11:54

oops,  forgot to say  on here that Brian is now fully jabbed for Covid 19 as of ten days ago, now just waiting for  the reminder for Flu' 23 jabbing session before I go into hibernation !!

And not even a twinge in the arm, just a stabbing pain when I need to get the wallet out  cry

LLM replied on 28/10/2023 12:12

Posted on 28/10/2023 12:12

After a bit of a refresher I spent yesterday jabbing to give others a bit of a rest; how things have changed? 

No longer are the recipients pleased or happy to get another round of protection, a significant number now want someone to blame for the pandemic and their inconvenience.  The favourite culprit seems to be a blonde ex PM 😄, other culprits are available.

LLM replied on 24/04/2024 11:34

Posted on 24/04/2024 11:34

It's that time of year again. Covid jabs for all that need the protection. 

This time most of us are being given the Moderna offering.  I'm not jabing this time but I was jabed yesterday. 

I now have a sore arm, general aches and pains a raging headache and other flu like symptoms.  Previously I have not been affected but this time, in common with others, I feel rotten.  

Wherenext replied on 24/04/2024 15:29

Posted on 24/04/2024 15:29

MiL had hers last Thursday and only reported a slightly sore arm. No other problems. They did a full review before giving it her following her Stroke back in January.

LLM replied on 24/04/2024 16:51

Posted on 24/04/2024 12:19 by DavidKlyne

Not a good advertisement LLM!!!! We have ours booked for the 30th so I will see how we get on. 

David

Posted on 24/04/2024 16:51

Similar effects are being widely reported on other fora, but I would always encourage people to put up with the side effects than risk catching a potentially killer illness.  

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook