Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/03/2022 22:30

Posted on 11/03/2022 22:30

Lots of family members here have bad colds/ virus, likeliest source is youngsters, as a number are teachers, and all bar us are involved in childcare. Not sure how many have tested themselves, but we have to keep well away, can’t risk OH getting COVID as it might delay other hospital requirements for him. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 12/03/2022 10:00

Posted on 12/03/2022 10:00

The new variant is ‘colds & sniffles’ part2 just more transmissible👍🏻. The Govt response is-‘nothing to see here move along’

Takethedogalong replied on 12/03/2022 10:29

Posted on 12/03/2022 10:29

Hospitals are still being very vigilant thankfully, you have to test daily, and book a visiting slot to see loved ones. I think my OH will be in in next six weeks, so just hoping ICU beds aren’t too badly affected, don’t want things to prolong his wait. We have enjoyed very low rates around us for last month (for our area that is), but it’s climbing back up again now. Meantime, we just do our own thing. Hoping to get out in MH again in Summer, might be a cottage break first though. đź‘Ť

replied on 12/03/2022 13:56

Posted on 11/03/2022 20:13 by
  • No thank goodnesscool

Posted on 12/03/2022 13:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 12/03/2022 14:00

Posted on 12/03/2022 10:29 by Takethedogalong

Hospitals are still being very vigilant thankfully, you have to test daily, and book a visiting slot to see loved ones. I think my OH will be in in next six weeks, so just hoping ICU beds aren’t too badly affected, don’t want things to prolong his wait. We have enjoyed very low rates around us for last month (for our area that is), but it’s climbing back up again now. Meantime, we just do our own thing. Hoping to get out in MH again in Summer, might be a cottage break first though. 👍

Posted on 12/03/2022 14:00

Hope everything goes to plan TDA, it must be a concern for both of you. Good luck and then hopefully you can enjoy your next holiday break! smile

allanandjean replied on 12/03/2022 14:42

Posted on 12/03/2022 13:56 by

Might be different west of the Tamar undecided.  laughing

Posted on 12/03/2022 14:42

Shopping at Waitrose, dining at Steins and getting fuel at BP/Shell it would certainly feel like it!!

heddlo replied on 12/03/2022 15:05

Posted on 11/03/2022 22:30 by Takethedogalong

Lots of family members here have bad colds/ virus, likeliest source is youngsters, as a number are teachers, and all bar us are involved in childcare. Not sure how many have tested themselves, but we have to keep well away, can’t risk OH getting COVID as it might delay other hospital requirements for him. 

Posted on 12/03/2022 15:05

After 2 years of being so Covid careful, or sensible to my mind, we now have our son, daughter-in-law and 3 year old granddaughter living with us for a few months.  All our previous strategies have now gone out the window, we have no time to check the shopping for a ‘wipe down’ and yes I was still doing that!  Shopping now being purchased from inside a supermarket, first time for 2 years, as it’s impossible to plan ahead for deliveries.  Today they have been to dance classes with the little one and spending the day in York, also somewhere we haven’t visited for a year or two.  I must admit it shows what we’ve been missing being so Covid secure but have come to terms with the fact we will probably get it now!! 

ABM replied on 12/03/2022 21:46

Posted on 05/03/2022 16:44 by ABM

Just checked the figures for Cheshire East, Brue  where over the last seven (7) days :--

the Admissions are 4% down [good],

Tests conducted are 49% up [ good]

Deaths within 28 days   Up by 18 to 22 [ terrifying ! ]

Net result  Brian is still washing / sanitizing  hands as required, windows are cracked -- even here where I'm only accompanied by CT & BBC  sports !!  As stated a page back I carry masks in campervan & coat pocket -- all regularly sanitised  { I do have to point out to AD that I only wear one at a time, but am aware of the failings of the elastic requiring replacement ' unless somebody has a stapler to hand  !!  }

Posted on 12/03/2022 21:46

Admissions  =======> Down by 3    Better

Tests Conducted ===> 45.9% down  Poor !

Deaths ==========>  no change

So all in all, Cheshire East  ain't doing too well !!

What is ABM doing? --  his damnedest to keep as  safe as he possibly can, that's what !! !!

redface replied on 18/03/2022 23:56

Posted on 18/03/2022 23:56

Don't tell MOH, but the one benefit for me, now that she has caught covid, is the peace and quiet that is evident in our house. I no longer get shouted at for a) not doing something, b) doing something, or c) failing to read her mind.

Of course in a week or less all will be back to normal.laughing

ABM replied on 23/03/2022 16:51

Posted on 23/03/2022 16:51

Normal, Redface, Normal  ??   what the 'ecky thump does THAT mean please ??

Don't forget that a} OH will have had time to reflect on your faults

b}  rested and lubricated the vocal chords

c}  worked out an "up-to-date" plan of corrective action for you

Good Luck  innocent

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook