Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/05/2024 11:30

Posted on 02/05/2024 11:30

We had Moderna last Autumn, previously only ever had Pfizer. Must have been lucky, we were fine. This might be a different strain though. We  had Shingles and Pneumonia in March. One in each arm, just felt a bit tired next day, but thankfully all ok. Mum had her COVID jab Tuesday, she’s a bit off it at the moment. 

We will have whatever is suggested to us. Careful checks everytime on OH, who has no spleen. He lost that a few years ago, but does ok without it. He’s never had COVID, even when I got it via caring for Mum in hospital. 

DavidKlyne replied on 02/05/2024 14:13

Posted on 02/05/2024 10:31 by RedKite

Hope you will better DK and LLM we will gets ours done when back home later in the month thinks our will be the seventh jab will check with  OH.

Friends of ours in France only have had 3 and they both have had Covid twice since.

Posted on 02/05/2024 14:13

Thanks RK. Thankfully much better today, more like normal. We managed to vote, visit my son's cats as they are away and did the Waitrose shopping. Couldn't have done any of that yesterday! I seem to get a reaction to most jabs I have but not as bad as that one. Perhaps its a sign that they workwink

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook