Money saving ideas.

DEBSC replied on 01/08/2022 08:59

Posted on 01/08/2022 08:59

Ive just been scrolling through the ‘Discussions’ and reading how some are switching to CLs and not travelling so far in an attempt to save money. With the hike in gas and electric prices this will need to be thought about at home as well, especially as winter approaches. We have been away for 3 weeks but even with no one here our electricity usage has, surprisingly, been creeping up. This will focus me to emptying the chest freezer and defrosting it, as that may be the biggest culprit. I’m also scouring recipe books in an attempt to become more proficient at making many more meals in the slow cooker, double batches then freezing some, in an attempt not to keep putting the oven on. The washing machine never goes on now unless it is really full. And, living in the South West, where water prices are astronomical, it’s always showers over baths. Anyone else got any tips, that might be useful.

DavidKlyne replied on 05/08/2022 22:05

Posted on 05/08/2022 21:12 by KjellNN

Our June/July bill was £58.11, and we were only here for 7 of the 30 days it covered.

We did however do a lot of washing after we got home.

Posted on 05/08/2022 22:05

Kj

Does that bill take into account your own energy created by your solar panels? So is it the net amount you have to pay after your own generated electricity? Just trying to establish what it might be without solar power?

David

KjellNN replied on 05/08/2022 23:21

Posted on 05/08/2022 23:21

Yes, that is the bill for what we used from the grid.  If I remember  correctly, about £12 of that was for gas, the rest, about £46, was for electricity.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook